Should Efl 2020/2021 Season Be Cancelled?

I consider that because of the risks of players on the field of play not being able to keep a safe distance as advised by the government the complete season should be CANCELLED

Edited by nikki-red

i think all players need the vacine and stick to the covid 19 rules and we will be okay

32 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

I consider that because of the risks of players on the field of play not being able to keep a safe distance as advised by the government the complete season should be CANCELLED

You're probably right.

But where would our elite sportsmen be able to spit?

On 05/01/2021 at 17:46, bassett one said:

i think all players need the vacine and stick to the covid 19 rules and we will be okay

So you are saying that professional footballers should be given the vaccine before front line NHS staff, care home residents and the over 80's?

The reason that some of the pro footballers get Covid anyway is that they are not obeying the covid 19 rules.  Witness the number of players being shown in the press to have been at parties, totally flouting the rules. They are role models, and the example they set is leading others to flout the rules.

Yes, cancel the EFL season - and the Premier League season as well for that matter, and explain that it is not just because of Covid, it is also related to the number of players ignoring the rules.

23 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

So you are saying that professional footballers should be given the vaccine before front line NHS staff, care home residents and the over 80's?

The reason that some of the pro footballers get Covid anyway is that they are not obeying the covid 19 rules.  Witness the number of players being shown in the press to have been at parties, totally flouting the rules. They are role models, and the example they set is leading others to flout the rules.

Yes, cancel the EFL season - and the Premier League season as well for that matter, and explain that it is not just because of Covid, it is also related to the number of players ignoring the rules.

I agree totally with what you say. I think that if a footballer did not obey the covid rules and is infected he should be fined a months wages, which should be donated to the N.H.S.

Edited by Kidorry
Added text