An Ee Email Address-What Are The Requirements?

Do you have to be an EE broad band customer to have an an EE email address? Or, can you have one if you are with EE mobile contract-anyone know?

I don't know @Janus, but I suspect that you would have to be a BB customer - email is not usually available with phone-only contracts.

Try asking EE?

Having said that, though, I do have  email addresses for both my iPad and iPhone, but they are iCloud addresses (i.e.Apple) rather than 3 - the network they are both on.

Edited by RollingJ
Added text.

When I asked ee via live chat, the guy said why do you want an ee email account? I told him that it was for an elderly friend. He said, we only provide email accounts for our staff. 

I don't  think that is correct information? I seem to recall that I had the option for an ee email  a few year ago. Maybe it has changed?

Anyway, I have created a Gmail account for this friend. Right or wrongly, I am hoping he will find it easier to use than the yahoo account I created previously . You know how it is with all the capture stuff.....'How many squares have traffic lights in them' or hills etc.

I think he will struggle because he has no knowledge of using  text on his phone. I can help him, but obviously I cannot be around all the time. I do what I can. He asked me to help today, so I have tried to do that.

OK - that makes it a bit clearer and I can't comment on what the EE agent said - I have never dealt with them.

Is your friend connected to the internet? - if so, it should be possible, using the mail app on his phone to set up his ISPs email on there,  but if it is an Android device, don't ask me how - I find them clunky.

Surely simplest is get on net get google have a g mail account.   i do my  my g mail ac on my i phone app simplest way if they have a lap top

Edited by spider1

@spider

Now he has the Gmail account, or at least he will when he gets my letter.

@RollingJ

He only has a symbian so he won't be using his phone online.  He has a win7pc. He uses a dongle for the internet connection.

Edited by Janus
Typo