Should Chris Wilder Get The Sack.

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

This is part of what's killing the game, young lads are rich beyond their dreams before they've achieved anything in the sport, the behaviour of the likes of Mousset will have a bearing on why the team ethic and togetherness seems bereft at United at the moment.

I agree totally...

On 06/01/2021 at 00:32, Box11 said:

I couldn't believe what I was hearing on BBC Radio Sheffield some months ago CW was being interviewed and he mentioned Moussett and others enjoying themselves driving lambos up and down " "eccy road"(Ecclesall Road)....

Absolute bunch of idiots I don't mind footballers driving flash cars but come on do the business on the pitch win games and get points on the board before acting like superstars !!!!!!

Oh dear, Monsieur Mousset pretending Ecclesall Road is the Champs Elysees and he's Thierry Henry.

52 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Oh dear, Monsieur Mousset pretending Ecclesall Road is the Champs Elysees and he's Thierry Henry.

"Exactly"......

Love CW and AK and what they've done in the last 5 years. It's been a hell of a ride and last season was beyond anything any of us expected. 

My take - we have players who've been brought up from League one and played out of their skins last season. Adrenaline, pride, togetherness, fight and no fear every game.

This season, I honestly think that the last 4 years have taken their toll. Maybe several peaked last season?Certainly this isn't the same Blades attitude that we've seen on the rise to the PL.

There isn't one player we've signed recently who we can say has really improved us as a side. We look clueless, leggy and beaten before we start.

I'd love CWAK to turn this round, but even the life long blade can't be immune to leaving if things don't change.

I don't agree that this team will come straight back up, without some serious changes, and if the run of PL results doesn't improve then that itself will hangover into next season.

Any other manager would have gone ages ago based on the performances.

I am genuinely thankful for what's happened and where we've come from, and seriously want things to improve but I'm not assuming that the history of the last few years will be enough to keep CWAK in place. It isn't just about Chris Wilder .... he and Alan Knill go hand in glove, and Knilly is as much responsible for our success as CW.

Frustrated and disappointed  ... you bet I am, but also realistic about the future.

He's done some amazing things but we need to see results and, more importantly some effort and attitude somewhere near last season and the three before.

So far so good at Bristol  .... 

UTB!

Bit of a pointless thread.  The Prince has already said, in interviews, that he thought it would take around five years to be promoted from the Championship, slowly building the team, adding players, and we went up automatically in our second season. So this has all been a "free hit" and he said that he wants Chris Wilder in charge, no matter what.

He won't get sacked. 

Lets see. Hopefully it turns round, but I'm sure lots of us have been around football long enough to know how it works in respect of messages from the board.

Hardly a pointless thread  ... the worst start in top division history is a story in itself and it's a game of opinions.

Not sure how much more public it can be than the PL table makes clear.

As for 'free hit',  £100 million + is more than any manager has spent .... in my almost 50 years of being a Blade.

If that doesn't divide opinions and spark discussion then nothing will.

17 minutes ago, barnie41 said:

Not sure how much more public it can be than the PL table makes clear.

As for 'free hit',  £100 million + is more than any manager has spent .... in my almost 50 years of being a Blade.

If that doesn't divide opinions and spark discussion then nothing will.

Sounds a lot when you put it that way, but if you take into account the money from TV rights etc that we've had for 2 years (and counting...), and any increases in sponsorship, we're in profit! 

If we do go down, then parachute payments take care of increased salaries for a couple of years or so, we'd probably sell a couple of players, and we'd still be able to attract good players to replace them.

3 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Sounds a lot when you put it that way, but if you take into account the money from TV rights etc that we've had for 2 years (and counting...), and any increases in sponsorship, we're in profit! 

If we do go down, then parachute payments take care of increased salaries for a couple of years or so, we'd probably sell a couple of players, and we'd still be able to attract good players to replace them.

I wouldn't be so confident, most of the money from the TV rights has been used to pay off McCabe, your wage bill is in excess of £1m a week it looks increasingly likely fans wont be back and your owner hasn't got a receptacle to urinate in.

7 hours ago, Grappler said:

Bit of a pointless thread.  The Prince has already said, in interviews, that he thought it would take around five years to be promoted from the Championship, slowly building the team, adding players, and we went up automatically in our second season. So this has all been a "free hit" and he said that he wants Chris Wilder in charge, no matter what.

He won't get sacked. 

I wouldn't be so certain on this, in the Palace game the players looked bereft of ideas but more damning was the fact that they didn't look interested and thats not just down to tactics.

I don’t think Wilder has much to worry about, but Steve Bruce is another story. He’s already under a lot of pressure from the fans, many of whom didn’t want him there in the first place. He’ll be very nervous about tomorrow, knowing that his number could be up if his team is in the Hall of Shame alongside Brighton and Fulham by 8:00pm.

7 hours ago, cmonkes said:

They didn't look disinterested at all, tired perhaps from 3 games in a week, but far from disinterested. Heads are blatantly going to dip with the run of form this year, but they still came out of that game with the higher percentage of possession, more passes and showed themselves to be more than competitive. They simple failed in the business end of the pitch, which is a main contributing factor. Disinterested would see us 2nd best in all statistics......but this wasn't the case.

The run of form is demoralising and it's causing a bit of rot, but the lads are still battling on albeit without success.

And the money into the club has been used to pay off McCabe!!! 😂😂 once again, a load of nonsense! Sheer fiction!

And a simple glance at the accounts (that our honest club submit on time), show your statement to be not just inaccurate, but completely false!

In achieving premier league status, the club occurred losses in the region on £21m (which is normal really).  Some of the first season revenue was offset to cover certain losses and then the rest of the revenue was instantly injected into player recruitment.  All there in black and white, in our perfectly accurate and perfectly legal and perfectly on time accounts.

It's about time that the moderators clamped down on such bias, inaccurate statements.

You'd have been banned ages ago if that was the case.

You don't have the worst start in league history by being competitive, theres trouble in the camp and the current exclusion of Billy Sharp is part of it.

Spout all you want your owner has zero money, no way will he be able to sustain life in the Championship without big changes, I don't need to see figures, we'll see the evidence when it happens.

Edited by Brooker11

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

You don't have the worst start in league history by being competitive, theres trouble in the camp and the current exclusion of Billy Sharp is part of it.

There is no evidence that the "exclusion" of Billy Sharp is because of "trouble in the camp".  It's a matter of record that United have been hit hard with positive Covid tests, and where other teams have often named the players affected, we haven't.  However, Billy was missing from a couple of squads, then made the bench for the last one, as did Jags (and perhaps others - I've not checked).  Note that we also gave a 16-year-old his debut, and had another player I've never heard of on the bench last match, and haven't always named a full bench.  Nobody is blaming Covid for our current position, but it has clearly affected selection.