Should Chris Wilder Get The Sack.

9 minutes ago, E.R.N said:

If   he had anything  about him he would quit , at any other club he would have gone months ago

Five years of previous success, might earn him some goodwill. Sacking sacking sacking, works well doesn't it ?

2 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I think he will do, demoting him to head coach will push him over the top I reckon, especially if Pulis is brought in as DoF.

Pulis?

18 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

According to Jim Phipps the Prince isn't happy with the way Wilder has spent money and rightly so, over £100m to become one of the worst top flight sides in football history, the owner obviously wants a DOF to oversee that side of things.

Jim Phipps eh, that great mountain of football knowledge!

49 minutes ago, E.R.N said:

If   he had anything  about him he would quit , at any other club he would have gone months ago

Maybe he doesn't want to take that easy way out and stands by the club he loves and manages.

19 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

According to Jim Phipps the Prince isn't happy with the way Wilder has spent money and rightly so, over £100m to become one of the worst top flight sides in football history, the owner obviously wants a DOF to oversee that side of things.

Love it when Wednesday fans follow everything SUFC to the smallest detail! 😄

I can't see him working under a director of football, if that happens maybe he'll walk. Big mistake I think though if they let him walk, maybe if he gets you up to premiership again then insist on a DoF but not before.

3 hours ago, E.R.N said:

I agree...

4 hours ago, Grappler said:

Love it when Wednesday fans follow everything SUFC to the smallest detail! 😄

There are no small details there just facts, its an appalling record considering the money spent.

5 hours ago, pintor said:

Jim Phipps eh, that great mountain of football knowledge!

Whether he has any football knowledge or not is questionable but he is very close to your chairman.

Should he get the sack? After today,  yes.

Get Pulis or Pardew in to sort everything out & then get Steve Bruce in to keep us out of Division 3 (as was)

Chris Wilder hasn't suddenly become a bad manager. His inexperience  of buying top players and tactics in the PL have been brutally exposed. 

Don't sack him just let him  attempt to get you guys back to the Premiership and then support him with a DoF. 

If at that point CW decides to walk then that is his choice.

I have been a Blade ever since I was in short trousers, and we have been in all four divisions since then. But in the last few years we have seen more consistency on the pitch, and the ground (I used to sit in the wooden tinder box...) is vastly better. But to be realstic our natural current position is somewhere between the botton of the PL, and the top of the Championship. And that applies to the playing squad and the management, no disrespect intended. 

Since Covid none of us have been able to go and cheer, indeed my last visit was the 3-3 draw with Man U last November, and the home crowd do make a difference. As does losing all four of your best full backs. 

Back on topic, CW said yesterday that a couple of players need to move on, but CW himself is just the sort of motivational manager to make a difference. I do hope he stays whatever.  

On 05/03/2021 at 18:19, Kelvin Phlats said:

Yes, I think he just might walk if the rumours are true, can't say I'd blame him, who would?

He won't walk unless he gets offered a job he can't refuse.