Should Chris Wilder Get The Sack.

21 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

There is no evidence that the "exclusion" of Billy Sharp is because of "trouble in the camp".  It's a matter of record that United have been hit hard with positive Covid tests, and where other teams have often named the players affected, we haven't.  However, Billy was missing from a couple of squads, then made the bench for the last one, as did Jags (and perhaps others - I've not checked).  Note that we also gave a 16-year-old his debut, and had another player I've never heard of on the bench last match, and haven't always named a full bench.  Nobody is blaming Covid for our current position, but it has clearly affected selection.

You obviously didn't see Sharp's wife Tweeting, definitely problems in the camp, if you seriously think that the current form (the worst in league history) is purely down to tactics/selection/tiredness etc think again.

3 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

We are more than competitive that is the main problem, it would be easier to stomach if we were the weekly whooping boys. The statistics every game show that we are an equal party in all of our fixtures barring one or two and we have the majority of them by a single goal. Statistics don't lie and they prove your biased theory to be incorrect.

I see you seem to have now retracted your initial incorrect statement about supposedly paying off our former chairman, which was absolute rubbish.

I would love to hear your theory behind the so called trouble in the camp now? The only publicised problem that we have had, was just last week with a RTC than involved one of our players. All of the communications, interviews and everything else show a togetherness within the camp still, a frustration, but a togetherness. All of the lads speak for one and other and they accept our current position as a group.....as for a further fictional statement about Billy Sharp, you might want to keep an eye on his social media. He's 35 year old and his legs aren't what they used to be, he's actively supporting the lads from the sideline. His posts pre match, during the match and after the match show the togetherness of the group, including him as the leader of the pack.

There is absolutely no truth in any of your bold statements what so ever. Have you ever thought that our problems this season may stem from failings on the pitch? As opposed to unfounded, biased, conspiracy theories. If you want to discuss a multitude of problems of the pitch, then look no further than your own club, rather than inventing fictional ones about mine.

There are plenty of well known issues at SWFC and I've never pretended there isn't, we are where we expected to be after the off the field business derailed the season.

I'd be far more worried at your dramatic fall from grace, I don't but the fact that you've been unlucky for over 20 league games.

As for Sharps' Twitter feed a lot of these are ghost written and have very little to do with the player, his wife obviously thinks different.

Very tough times ahead for both Sheffield clubs.

Posts have been removed.

The bickering and personal comments can stop now please.

Back on topic, and if you can’t post without having digs at each other then please don’t bother.

Cheers.

Edited by nikki-red

We haven't won in the PL since the summer 

Our defence misses JOC and isnt the same across the pitch.

Our midfield is woeful with no one prepared to (or apparently capable of a) run at the opposition and be brave. 

We can't score against PL opposition.

That's not 'fine margins' ..... 

See what tonight brings 

UTB!

9 hours ago, barnie41 said:

We haven't won in the PL since the summer 

Our defence misses JOC and isnt the same across the pitch.

Our midfield is woeful with no one prepared to (or apparently capable of a) run at the opposition and be brave. 

We can't score against PL opposition.

That's not 'fine margins' ..... 

See what tonight brings 

UTB!

Obviously CWAK read this and used it as motivation. 

That was much, much better!

UTB!!

31 minutes ago, barnie41 said:

Obviously CWAK read this and used it as motivation. 

That was much, much better!

UTB!!

I haven't watched you lot much this season but was it any better really? Finishing chances was still an issue with you goal coming from the spot and from what I've read and been told your play hasn't really been bad barrring a couple of games

What the HELL is going on at Sheffield United....

How is CW still the manager of the club....

I know alot of Sheffield United fans love the man because he bleeds red and white...

But that could be the downfall...

One word....

"WARNOCK"

They will be playing Championship football next year...

I fear the worst they are not guaranteed to go straight back up as some fans have said it could take years yet again to get to the promise land.....

And what a real shame after all that hard work finally getting there to put Sheffield on the map....

Without doubt, CW is one of the best managers in SUFC history - the figures and promotions back that up.  We've had major injuries this season that have affected performances, and players that were brought in for this season have had injury problems as well.

There is a clear problem with the owners not backing Chris in the transfer market, with nobody coming in, even on loan, to help keep us up, so the money men at the club are resigned to Championship football next year.  Looking back, they didn't back him either in the last transfer window, with many "targets" going to other PL clubs instead.

Chris has done his best in my opinion, without backing, this year, and he still enjoys the backing of true supporters.  Will he be sacked?  I doubt it.  Will he walk?  I think he will.  There will be no shortage of clubs looking at him to turn their fortunes around.

10 hours ago, Box11 said:

What the HELL is going on at Sheffield United....

How is CW still the manager of the club....

I know alot of Sheffield United fans love the man because he bleeds red and white...

But that could be the downfall...

One word....

"WARNOCK"

They will be playing Championship football next year...

I fear the worst they are not guaranteed to go straight back up as some fans have said it could take years yet again to get to the promise land.....

And what a real shame after all that hard work finally getting there to put Sheffield on the map....

For me you should keep him, at least a season or two and if getting back up there isn't looking like happening then consider changing if he hadn't walked already. Too much is put on being in the premiership, I don't care if Wednesday never get up there providing off the field the club is run well.

Your finances seem ok from the outside and with parachute payments for 3 years it's surely worth giving your best manager on years the chance to get you back up.

There's no point sacking him now as we're as good as down, so I'd give him until a third of the way through next season i.e. after game 15 and if we're in the top 6, let him stay but if we're struggling, then replace him. Losing O'Connell has been a huge factor in our decline and the club's historic lack of ambition has also been a problem for him but he's got a lot wrong. Sticking with this negative system that passed its sell by date towards the end of last season and sticking with Norwood and Lundstram are his decisions. If he'd taken the Bielsa route, we'd have probably been hammered by the top teams but picked up enough points against the lower teams to ensure survival. He might as well be bold now by sending Stevens, Norwood and Lundstram to the same departure lounge as Mousset, Rodwell and Robinson and experiment with other players even though it would mean playing some in unfamiliar positions. Playing McGoldrick on the right side of midfield with Burke on the left and dropping Sharp back to the number 10 role where he wouldn't be surrounded by defenders a foot taller than him would be interesting and just might prove to be a winning formula.

2 hours ago, despritdan said:

There's no point sacking him now as we're as good as down, so I'd give him until a third of the way through next season i.e. after game 15 and if we're in the top 6, let him stay but if we're struggling, then replace him. Losing O'Connell has been a huge factor in our decline and the club's historic lack of ambition has also been a problem for him but he's got a lot wrong. Sticking with this negative system that passed its sell by date towards the end of last season and sticking with Norwood and Lundstram are his decisions. If he'd taken the Bielsa route, we'd have probably been hammered by the top teams but picked up enough points against the lower teams to ensure survival. He might as well be bold now by sending Stevens, Norwood and Lundstram to the same departure lounge as Mousset, Rodwell and Robinson and experiment with other players even though it would mean playing some in unfamiliar positions. Playing McGoldrick on the right side of midfield with Burke on the left and dropping Sharp back to the number 10 role where he wouldn't be surrounded by defenders a foot taller than him would be interesting and just might prove to be a winning formula.

A very good post, being more direct doesnt seem to be an option.  Forward passes into space are a danger for even the best defenders but its not our style unfortunatly

10 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

For me you should keep him, at least a season or two and if getting back up there isn't looking like happening then consider changing if he hadn't walked already. Too much is put on being in the premiership, I don't care if Wednesday never get up there providing off the field the club is run well.

Your finances seem ok from the outside and with parachute payments for 3 years it's surely worth giving your best manager on years the chance to get you back up.

Their finances are a concern, they have a huge loan that has to be paid back by 2023, it was taken out with a view to being paid back from Premier League money, its going to be a rocky road especially without fans in the ground to top up the coffers.