Should Chris Wilder Get The Sack.

Let's just hope this particular drink/driver doesn't get off lightly.  Driving ban, electronic tag perhaps.... I have vague memories of someone (it may have been Jermain Pennant) playing in one (maybe in his Liverpool days) many years ago. 

If Chris continues, it's just another problem he will have to face.  I'd tell him his training for the next month or so includes doing unpaid shifts at foodbanks and the like.  Force him to see how other people are trying to make ends meet.

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Let's just hope this particular drink/driver doesn't get off lightly.  Driving ban, electronic tag perhaps.... I have vague memories of someone (it may have been Jermain Pennant) playing in one (maybe in his Liverpool days) many years ago. 

If Chris continues, it's just another problem he will have to face.  I'd tell him his training for the next month or so includes doing unpaid shifts at foodbanks and the like.  Force him to see how other people are trying to make ends meet.

Grealish  didn't   get the punishment he deserved for a similar crime,

Not good news at this difficult time for the club

3 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

Grealish  didn't   get the punishment he deserved for a similar crime,

Not good news at this difficult time for the club

I'm getting fed up with this kind of stunt from footballers, and it not really being punished.  Add to this the breaking of Covid restrictions by ... well, too many to mention.... and it's just dragging the name of football through the mud. 

30 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I'm getting fed up with this kind of stunt from footballers, and it not really being punished.  Add to this the breaking of Covid restrictions by ... well, too many to mention.... and it's just dragging the name of football through the mud. 

I’d Chuck the book at him if he’s convicted, not much point in a couple of grand fine .

Rumours doing the rounds that Wilder might have walked . Hope not.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Don't hold your breath Thirsty Relic....

Football players get away with murder....

Just look at what Jamie Carragher did he spat at a little girl because her dad asked him a question....

Sky suspended him only for him to be back as a pundit....

3 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

And if it needed to get worse a player has been arrested for drink driving after crashing his Lamborghini into parked cars.

From The Star

Sheffield United has issued a club statement today over reports Lys Mousset’s Lamborghini supercar was involved in a collision in the city in the early hours.

Photos circulating on social media today are believed to show the centre forward’s three-year-old orange Lamborghini Aventador, worth around £300,000, after a collision on Abbeydale Road South this morning.

South Yorkshire Police said an orange Lamborghini was involved in a collision with a number of parked vehicles.

Two men in their 20s were arrested on suspicion of drink driving.

They were later released under investigation after police questioning.

It has not been revealed whether anyone was injured in the crash.

South Yorkshire Police said: “Police were called at around 12.10am this morning following reports of a collision on Abbeydale Road South, Sheffield.

“It is reported that an orange Lamborghini was involved in a collision with a number of parked cars.

“Two men in their 20s were arrested on suspicion of being over the prescribed limit. Both have been released under investigation while enquiries continue.”

In a statement, Sheffield United said: “Officials at Sheffield United are aware of images circulating on social media and are currently making internal enquiries.”

Mousset signed for the Blades last summer from Bournemouth in a £10 million deal.

The 24-year-old Frenchman was signed by United on a three-year deal.

He was born in France to a Senegalese father and a French mother and is eligible to play for both countries.

He made his France U20 debut on the international stage in 2015.

Edited by Box11

Not sure what Jim Phipps connection with SUFC is nowadays but he posted some very disparaging comments about Wilder last night, basically saying he's wasted money on players, also a eye opener when he said that first team players are on £40-£50k a week, not what some fans would have you believe, also hinted at the club bringing on a DOF or head of recruitment, it doesn't look like a happy ship at the moment.

Edited by Brooker11

He would be stupid to quit, where's he going to go?, never was going to a top club, Newcastle at best. People forget he is a relatively inexperienced manager who's had a fantastic run since the  Northampton days, now he should stay, rebuild and come back stronger and more knowledgeable next year

NO!! hes done great, and thats coming from the blue side. If you go down, he could be the one to get you straight back up too

BUT

IF you can get a manager coming in with premier league experience and knowledge quickly to keep you up?

Tough one tbh

17 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Bournemouth had Uniteds pants down there, same with the Ramsdale sale. Driving around in Lambos? What wrong with these people.

Would that be around £28m Bournemouths had out of United?

Did Moussett and Wilder actually have a big fall out or was he injured?

I couldn't believe what I was hearing on BBC Radio Sheffield some months ago CW was being interviewed and he mentioned Moussett and others enjoying themselves driving lambos up and down " "eccy road"(Ecclesall Road)....

Absolute bunch of idiots I don't mind footballers driving flash cars but come on do the business on the pitch win games and get points on the board before acting like superstars !!!!!!

Edited by Box11

12 hours ago, Box11 said:

I couldn't believe some months ago CW was being interviewed and he mentioned Moussett and others enjoying themselves driving lambos up and down " "eccy road"(Ecclesall Road)....

Absolute bunch of idiots I don't mind footballers driving flash cars but come on do the business on the pitch win games and get points on the board before acting like superstars !!!!!!

This is part of what's killing the game, young lads are rich beyond their dreams before they've achieved anything in the sport, the behaviour of the likes of Mousset will have a bearing on why the team ethic and togetherness seems bereft at United at the moment.