Should Chris Wilder Get The Sack.

4 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Eh?

Not sure what you mean by that to be honest. And I'm not on a wind up, I seriously don't understand that comment.

My point was, there is 20 teams in the PL. I'll pick 6 and you can have the other 14. We could have say, £100  a season for 10 years on who wins the title and I'm pretty sure I'm walking away with a grand. Now my point is, where exactly is the fun in that? There isn't, the only people who make anything from it is the club owners, the players, the TV companies who have conspired and contributed to the demise of the game and we as fans have been stitched up, but without us, they have nothing. Rant Over.

If you don’t understand my comment, I can’t believe that you are a football fan.

In the last five years, United have given their fans the greatest pleasure possible. Going from L1 to the PL, eclipsing Wednesday on the way, that’s the stuff of dreams. No Man Utd fan is ever getting that experience.

That’s the point of supporting a club. That’s where the fun is.

Edited by Pettytom

7 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Eh?

Not sure what you mean by that to be honest. And I'm not on a wind up, I seriously don't understand that comment.

My point was, there is 20 teams in the PL. I'll pick 6 and you can have the other 14. We could have say, £100  a season for 10 years on who wins the title and I'm pretty sure I'm walking away with a grand. Now my point is, where exactly is the fun in that? There isn't, the only people who make anything from it is the club owners, the players, the TV companies who have conspired and contributed to the demise of the game and we as fans have been stitched up, but without us, they have nothing. Rant Over.

I fully agree with this, the Premier League is only interested in keeping its “top 6” happy as they know they earn the most in TV rights from them, the rest are just cannon fodder.

Definately yes. For the last five years CW has given us Owls fans heartaches and now it,s payback time. Hearing that the blades are setting new records every week is the final straw with more to come. There is not a true Owls fan who would not agree  with this post, all this mr nice guy business does knowone any good.  Whether you are Blue or Red may your team get what they deserve.

To  you ALL have a Happy New Year and STAY SAFE.

Premiership might be good for money,but its a League were the Top 6 can not be challenged,if any team gets a good young player coming through is ranks and does well,then the Top 6 will be on its trail,just look at Brighton a good midfielder coming on good but already,been tracked by the Top 6,Wages is then problem once in there,like Lundstrum wanting a pay rise at the Lane so United said No,Until United changes its wage policy then Wilder knows he can not get Top Class players in,Norwich did the right thing kept hold of most of there Best players and went down and might be straight back up again

18 hours ago, Box11 said:

Look CW has done a fantastic job to have got Sheffield United in the Premier league from where they were...

Football is a result business and based on that he should leave...

Someone else needs to come in with new ideas who that is I don't know but surely there is someone who can pickup the mantel to move forward and out of this horrible rut in which Sheffield United find themselves in !!!!!

CW achieved unimaginable success for the Blades in the past 4 seasons taking them from the 3rd tier of English football, where we languished for 6 years, to the top half of the Premier league.

This season a combination of factors have resulted in our current situation. Despite the Club spending record amounts on some players we are not on a level playing field in terms of spending power (both fees and salaries) with other established Premier league teams and that is reflected in the calibre of our recruits compared with other clubs. It's a difficult problem to bridge unless you have a mega rich owner willing to invest heavily.

Chris has worked his magic in the past and the sparkle has disappeared at the moment, but that's football; it's cyclical for most teams.

In my opinion to even consider the dismissal of CW whose heart and soul are in the club is ludicrous.

On the other hand he may decide that he's had enough and walk, which would be sad but no doubt please many Owls supporters, some of whom on here seem to  relish the possible 'demise' of SUFC.  Sorry to disappoint you but  somehow I  don't think that's going to happen!

If he does leave then we'll join Wednesday on the unsuccessful merry go round of managers whose only objective is to pick up a lucrative pay cheque and we all know where that leads. 

echo.

Edited by echo beach

1 hour ago, echo beach said:

CW achieved unimaginable success for the Blades in the past 4 seasons taking them from the 3rd tier of English football, where we languished for 6 years, to the top half of the Premier league.

This season a combination of factors have resulted in our current situation. Despite the Club spending record amounts on some players we are not on a level playing field in terms of spending power (both fees and salaries) with other established Premier league teams and that is reflected in the calibre of our recruits compared with other clubs. It's a difficult problem to bridge unless you have a mega rich owner willing to invest heavily.

Chris has worked his magic in the past and the sparkle has disappeared at the moment, but that's football; it's cyclical for most teams.

In my opinion to even consider the dismissal of CW whose heart and soul are in the club is ludicrous.

On the other hand he may decide that he's had enough and walk, which would be sad but no doubt please many Owls supporters, some of whom on here seem to  relish the possible 'demise' of SUFC.  Sorry to disappoint you but  somehow I  don't think that's going to happen!

If he does leave then we'll join Wednesday on the unsuccessful merry go round of managers whose only objective is to pick up a lucrative pay cheque and we all know where that leads. 

echo.

To fair you we’re on that merry go round before Wilder came along, you just got lucky, unfortunately the lucks ran out.

On the evidence so far, his judgement of signing players to cut the mustard in the Premiership has been woeful...McBurnie, Brewster, Burke, Ramsdale all failures so far.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

To fair you we’re on that merry go round before Wilder came along, you just got lucky, unfortunately the lucks ran out.

Agree. Hence my reference to it in the final words of my last sentence.

steved32

Quite right, but then again there are limitations and you can't spend more than you have......oh, wait a minute, some clubs do!

Let's hope they can 'cut the mustard' in the Championship when they get there.

echo.

Can’t believe people discussing ending the employment of a loyal servant like this. Disgraceful! 

4 out of 5 years have a success.

Schoolboy fan, ball boy, player, manager. 

Edited by prince al

I can't believe people are actually thinking of sacking Chris.  Look at what he's achieved with us, where we were before he came and where we are now.  IF we go down, he's the best one to bring us back up again.

After all he's done for us, if we sacked him, even if the replacement got us back up, he'd know that SUFC have no loyalty, so he'd be looking for a bigger club asap.  After last years finish, Chris was talked of whenever a PL club wanted a new manager.  He could have left on a high, but didn't.  BAck him and it will come good again.  If not this year, the following one.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I can't believe people are actually thinking of sacking Chris.  Look at what he's achieved with us, where we were before he came and where we are now.  IF we go down, he's the best one to bring us back up again.

After all he's done for us, if we sacked him, even if the replacement got us back up, he'd know that SUFC have no loyalty, so he'd be looking for a bigger club asap.  After last years finish, Chris was talked of whenever a PL club wanted a new manager.  He could have left on a high, but didn't.  BAck him and it will come good again.  If not this year, the following one.

I’m not sure I agree, the total lack of effort from the players in some games (Palace especially) looks like they are not playing for him.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

I’m not sure I agree, the total lack of effort from the players in some games (Palace especially) looks like they are not playing for him.

I also see that Brooker11...

It's clear that they are not playing for him I have said before that there is something seriously wrong at Sheffield United....

And if it is true that the players don't want to play for CW then they don't want him there it's clear that it's a very unhappy camp at the moment and needs addressing asap....