Should Chris Wilder Get The Sack.

Look CW has done a fantastic job to have got Sheffield United in the Premier league from where they were...

Football is a result business and based on that he should leave...

Someone else needs to come in with new ideas who that is I don't know but surely there is someone who can pickup the mantel to move forward and out of this horrible rut in which Sheffield United find themselves in !!!!!

In my opinion, no, he should stay.

Im not usually a pessimist but I think our fate is sealed for this season, and I can’t think of anyone better to manage us in, and hopefully get us straight back out of, the Championship.

You'd be mad to sack him, deserves the chance to get you back up. Staying in the premiership isn't everything. Go down and you'll be in a good position to bounce back, if he can't do it in a couple of seasons then maybe a change would be required.

Wilder is still learning, should get another crack at it.

United need a new manager. I don’t think that replacing Wilder is urgent, because relegation is a certainty. A new manager won’t fix that. They do need to forward plan for next season. Wilder isn’t the man for that job.

United do need new ideas and it would probably be a good idea to give the new manager a few months with the squad to assess their footballing abilities and their mental attributes. Make no mistake, the mauling that United are taking at the moment is going to take some time to heal. They are going to need strong characters to avoid a downward spiral 

So, yes. Wilder does need sacking if United are going to recover next year. It needs to happen in the next month or two.

Edited by Pettytom

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

United need a new manager. I don’t think that replacing Wilder is urgent, because relegation is a certainty. A new manager won’t fix that. They do need to forward plan for next season. Wilder isn’t the man for that job.

United do need new ideas and it would probably be a good idea to give the new manager a few months with the squad to assess their footballing abilities and their mental attributes. Make no mistake, the mauling that United are taking at the moment is going to take some time to heal. They are going to need strong characters to avoid a downward spiral 

So, yes. Wilder does need sacking if United are going to recover next year. It needs to happen in the next month or two.

Chris is sticking with the div3 & 4 players that have brought success for us

The Premiership is a place for very highly skilled footballers, our defence needs updating.

We had a world class goalkeeper last season and sadly he didn't belong to us and left us

We have nothing to lose now by altering our style and adding when possible. We need some pace up front and steady players to hold up the play and skillfully set the strikers up to run at the oposition

to open their defence up

O.k it was good getting back in Premiership by United,but its a league were the Top 6 are miles better than the others,and no one can really challenge them,an United might have done well last season,then Wilder found it really hard to attract players to the club as he didn"t want to change the wages policy at United,that is why Londstrum as not signed a new contract at the club,so feel very sorry him,o.k United might have done better with the fans in the ground behind them in Bramhall Lane,but now admits he might just be able to get players in on loan instead of spending more money after spending £48 million just on 2 players,but if Wilder was sacked who the United fans like,Norwich did the right thing last season not throwing on players,if United went down they still get parachute payments

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

In my opinion, no, he should stay.

Im not usually a pessimist but I think our fate is sealed for this season, and I can’t think of anyone better to manage us in, and hopefully get us straight back out of, the Championship.

What happens when you get yourselves out of the championship again...

Go through all of this again.....

Or find someone who knows how to find decent players for the right money who can hold their own within the Premier league....

Sean dyche seems to know what he's doing picking players with a small budget I know they are not the best team by far but seem to stay up and avoid the drop.....

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

I agree totally !!!!

19 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Got to ask yourself if it's actually worth it. You'll not be winning the PL so why bother? Best you can hope for is mid table ish.

So what's the point of the majority of football club's wanting to be in the Premier league...

What are you saying that it's pointless being there if you can't win it....

Two words "Leicester City"....

45 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Got to ask yourself if it's actually worth it. You'll not be winning the PL so why bother? Best you can hope for is mid table ish.

Of course it is worth it. Any club should be pushing to be the best they possibly can.

United’s fans have lived the dream for the last few years. They’ve experienced stuff that the fans of Arsenal, Chelsea, the Manchester clubs and the like will never experience.

That’s why you bother.

2 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Chris is sticking with the div3 & 4 players that have brought success for us

The Premiership is a place for very highly skilled footballers, our defence needs updating.

We had a world class goalkeeper last season and sadly he didn't belong to us and left us

We have nothing to lose now by altering our style and adding when possible. We need some pace up front and steady players to hold up the play and skillfully set the strikers up to run at the oposition

to open their defence up

No he's spent over £100m on players that are no better than the div 3&4 players, thats the problem, there seems to be something wrong in the camp as the lack of effort today was quite staggering from a team that had it in spades last season, time for a fresh approach.

1 hour ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I can't help but think we've lost something so fundamental. Yes, without a doubt the kick and run stuff you're advocating would prevail over a 1970/80's team but for entertainments value it's a bit garbage to be honest.

Bring back the times when any team could win the league, the money men have carved our game up between them and people just accept it. Strange.

Where did I advocate kick and run football . You need an eye test.

I was simply pointing out that United have gone on a run that is beyond the big boys, possibly with the exception of Man City. I envy them for that. As a fan, those things are priceless.

That doesn’t mean that I’m having any problems enjoying their demise 😁