Traffic Light Camera

Hi there,

Im just wondering if the below image is a traffic camera. Its on the a61 near turner street. I went through here the other day and i think I may have gone through on red. Not sure. Can someone confirm if this is a traffic camera or not. There wasn't any other camera nearby. 

Capture.jpg

Edited by DJC

I think that’s an ANPR camera the authorities use if a number plate crops up that has a drug marker or something it pings up to the police.

Ssssshhh "Wallace"..... It's a red light jumper cam ! :)

These things can be a worry.  Can't someone who knows about the cams give the OP  some peace of mind.

I know very little about them. I have seen the yellow box cams at traffic lights. They are more oblong shape from top to bottom, than the speed cams.

Edited by Janus
Typo

3 hours ago, Janus said:

These things can be a worry.  Can't someone who knows about the cams give the OP  some peace of mind.

I know very little about them. I have seen the yellow box cams at traffic lights. They are more oblong shape from top to bottom, than the speed cams.

If we reassure the OP that the camera isn't a red light camera, the danger is that everybody who reads this thread will ignore those cameras in future, which will massively increase the risk of a serious collision.

Sheffield has enough problems with motorists driving through red lights; I should know, because I've done it enough times, I'm ashamed to say.