Exeter v sheffield wednesday f a cup

Suspect that this fixture will turn out to be one those that the TV boys take great delight in excitedly calling a "giant killing" game.

But real life is rarely like that as we know, so much as it pains me, I don't think that underdogs will be strong enough, so....

An Exeter win.

😉

well another win,NEXT?  come on,but league first i think you will agree guys

Could have been a couple down ,but well done to patched up Owls 👍.

Liam Shaw one for now & the future ,going to be a great first team  accusation if his head doesn't rule any ego .

Edited by owl.66

Good result, wouldn't of been fussed I'd we went out but anotger win will keep the confidence up. Quality run from Shaw for the second, need to get him signed up before we lose another promising youngster for peanut's.

See who we get next round but unless it's on TV I guess there isn't much money to be made from getting one of the big hitters

Exeter had a fairly bright start but the Owls slowly took control with Bannan and Reach dictating the play youngsters Ryan Galvin and particularly Liam Shaw had great games.

More or less what you get from Wednesday these days,long diagonal balls,hero of the day Liam Shaw had a poor first 15 minutes,and totally muffed a simple clearance 2nd half,thankfully Exters forewards were fast asleep and didnt profit,and noboddy noticed Patterson being about 3 yards offside when he tapped home the gift of the day.

8 hours ago, staninoodle said:

More or less what you get from Wednesday these days,long diagonal balls,hero of the day Liam Shaw had a poor first 15 minutes,and totally muffed a simple clearance 2nd half,thankfully Exters forewards were fast asleep and didnt profit,and noboddy noticed Patterson being about 3 yards offside when he tapped home the gift of the day.

Incorrect.  He was clearly BEHIND the ball when Shaw squared it across.

So glad at last to see some young players coming through the youth ranks, we have not had some for ages after the Sterland,Mark Smith era,Shaw looks very promising,but the club know better get him signed up to a contract or lose him,Don"t Know why Pulis never like young players like Matt Penny or Izzy Brown,but Thompson knows how good these youngster are,so glad he is giving them a chance to Proof themselves,Ryan Lowe & Neil Thompson might be good choices to be the leaders of the Owls

9 hours ago, steved32 said:

Incorrect.  He was clearly BEHIND the ball when Shaw squared it across.

When the balls played to him by Shaw,hes behind the last defender,well behind BOTH last defenders

On 09/01/2021 at 18:30, owl.66 said:

Could have been a couple down ,but well done to patched up Owls 👍.

Liam Shaw one for now & the future ,going to be a great first team  accusation if his head doesn't rule any ego .

What is he like?, a young lad apparently?  Winger?, Midfielder?, Rumours flying around that his agent his touting him around to other clubs and has contacted us?

I can't see it myself, as we have enough young lads already (mostly out on loan), but stranger things have happened. 

7 hours ago, Grappler said:

What is he like?, a young lad apparently?  Winger?, Midfielder?, Rumours flying around that his agent his touting him around to other clubs and has contacted us?

I can't see it myself, as we have enough young lads already (mostly out on loan), but stranger things have happened. 

He's played as a CD and in midfield so far. Wouldn't surprise me in regards to his agent but he's a big wednesdayite so I'd be surprised if it's something he'd want at this stage having broke into the first team.

19 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

He's played as a CD and in midfield so far. Wouldn't surprise me in regards to his agent but he's a big wednesdayite so I'd be surprised if it's something he'd want at this stage having broke into the first team.

Remember Ian Knight?