Radio 2 DJ tells listeners Ian Huntley

The war of the worlds thing is an urban myth made up by the papers, nobody reacted to it at the time it was first broadcast but the papers made up a story that it caused chaos.

It was transmitted on a high brow radio station which featured plays and discussions, with a limited audience and most of the population of the city were listening to a vital baseball game at the time.

What annoys me and others is people and especially people on the BBC, continue to drivel on about how it caused the city to riot, perpetuating the myth that something happend when it didn't and virtually nobody listened to it in the first place.

So stop believing and repeating this nonsence..

It sounds like this subject upsets you a little bit, did you fall for this one as well? Calm down :D

OMG the picture of him on the bbc website raises my heartbeat. I only wish this wasn't a spoof

Read this in daily mail this morning. Not something I am particularly offended by but definately careless of the man to say the least!

Lets be honest though, who here has little if any humanitarian feelings for Ian Huntley?

Perhaps not, but it may well have been distressing to his family - and to the families of his victims.

looks like its been taken off the website

Reminds me of the classic partridge...

Now, we’ve had several calls during the last few hours concerning a humorous comment I made some time ago. Just to reassure you, the Queen is not dead. It was a humorous intro into a song which seems to have been taken a bit too literally by one or two listeners… and a newspaper. So, just to repeat, Queen Elizabeth the second is not dead… unless she went in the night and is yet to be discovered by the maid

This is very "Brasseye" isn't it?

It reminds me of the episode where they claimed that a West End musical was being made about the life of the Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe, and then got right-wing horse commentator John McCririck on to rant about it in righteous indignation. :hihi: :hihi: