Coathangers

I've got loads of coathangers to get rid of. Does anyone know if charity shops are taking them at the moment? If not, does anyone know where I can recycle coathangers? I'd prefer to not chuck them in the bin.

recycle at the various  centres ,like heeley farm,tesco,morrisons ect,worth a call to charities as well,nice to see some thought put into recycling ect,better than land fill thats for sure.

@bassett one thank you for your response. I'll try the recycle centres. I agree that recycling then is better than them ended up in landfill. I wish retailers would give you options not to have the hangers when you buy from them. Some do but some just give you them automically which is annoying.

They have a coat hanger recycling bin at Sainsburys at Wadsley Bridge near the check-outs - not sure about other sites.

4 hours ago, JenR said:

@bassett one thank you for your response. I'll try the recycle centres. I agree that recycling then is better than them ended up in landfill. I wish retailers would give you options not to have the hangers when you buy from them. Some do but some just give you them automically which is annoying.

Why not just tell them you don't want them?

On 01/01/2021 at 18:59, enntee said:

I always take them out and leave them on the counter. Something which anyone can do.

If I’m in a shop I do this but when I’ve ordered online I haven’t had an option to say I don’t want the hangers. 

On 01/01/2021 at 22:03, Bargepole23 said:

Why not just tell them you don't want them?

I do when I’m in a shop but when I receive online orders they send the items on hangers. There’s not an option with online orders to say I don’t want the hangers.