Adverts On Forum

Why when i switch forum on theres an advert saying new message / Click on it you win a new phone ask for your details and bank details to send them £1 to amazon obvjous scam why does forum allow this should be taken off

Screenshot this and attach it to a helpdesk ticket please. 

If this is a PM then please forward it to me.

Also, if anybody else is getting spammy pms please report them and we will deal with the problem. 

1 hour ago, spider1 said:

Why when i switch forum on theres an advert saying new message / Click on it you win a new phone ask for your details and bank details to send them £1 to amazon obvjous scam why does forum allow this should be taken off

I get same message.  Bit annoying 

Is this actually a message or is it a banner advert? - this makes a big difference in how we deal with it. If it's banner ad or similar then we need a screenshot to identify it - if it's a private message then I need to see the message and it's originator to deal with them. 

It looks like a banner advert Mort.

I've got a screenshot and mailed it to Rob with what details I have and asked that it be taken down. Please don't click on the link. 

Apologies for this one folks.  We'll get it sorted as soon as we can- please ignore it until it's been made to go away.

OK, the ad agency will be requested to remove the ad in the morning.   Thank you @spider1 for bringing it to our attention :)

21 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’ve had it twice.

They have got em on again bottom this page saying   you have one unread me  and you have a promotional gift up to £ 1.000