When This Is Over.

Can't wait for the theatres and live entertainment venues to reopen.

Just hope that they can survive.

I just want to hug my friends, ideally in a pub.  Any pub really, by this point I'm not that fussy.

On 08/01/2021 at 22:47, Delbow said:

I just want to hug my friends, ideally in a pub.  Any pub really, by this point I'm not that fussy.

Even 'Spoons?

14 hours ago, pearlt072 said:

Even 'Spoons?

Even a 'Spoons pearl. Even a 'Spoons. Not the Banker's Draft though 😊

can't wait for a beer in my local                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           get my motorbike out and go for a long ride                                                                                                                                                                                                                             the "farmyard party"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                going in shops without a mask

I've just been chatting to my cousin in Manaus, a city particularly badly hit by the virus, and where there has been an almighty surge in cases in the last few days. It's a fair bet the country's death total is going to reach 250,000 within days.

(That'll be the "official" figure issued by a completely inept government system, whereas the "word on the street" suggests that that figure was actually achieved many months ago)

Towards the end of 2019, we were talking about meeting up, here or there, during '20. For now obvious reasons, those plans were  postponed.

Today's discussion involved making alternative plans, giving creedence to official reports on both sides of the water, gut feelings and guesswork.

Taking stock of recent announcements, I've noticed that the March/Easter-type rhetoric over here has been replaced by "autumn" today - every adult over 18 to be vaccinated "by autumn".

It's a target, I suppose...but we all know how many of the UK's targets are simply not achieved, so my suspicion still remains - the UK will still be in a form of a tier/lockdown right through this year, and cover Christmas 2021 and into 2022.

Brazil is going to experience similar/even worse problems by all accounts, so again, we both moved forward to 2022.

Certain travel restrictions will be lifted perhaps, but travel from under-developed countries - who will probably be last in line regarding vaccinations - will likely cause outbreaks in various parts, and possibly cause localised lockdowns again.

All this assumes that current vaccines are effective against any virus mutation that may result.

All this assumes that Joe Public everywhere decides to follow the "rules", and not consider themselves untouchable/immune.

(Perhaps it needs something truly horrific to get folk to adhere to the regulations - perhaps a whole town being wiped out, or the top three tiers of the Royal family kicking the bucket in quick succession...I don't know. Maybe tonght's news about emergency morgues having to be opened around the country might do the trick....but probably not)

So, we've knocked 2022 and 2023 out for a get-together as well.

We're now looking at 2024 as the likely year to meet up. 

To be able to come back to England to go for a pint with my lads and meet up with old mates, and have some proper fish and chips.

A pint of Stones, some live entertainment and being able to hug and give a handshake.

During the lockdown I've been importing gallons of alcoholic beverages from ASDA. on a weekly basis.

So when the lockdown is lifted, I intend to have an almighty shindig in a fully stocked PADDERS BAR.  

Lunch out with friends and a bit of putting the world to rights in a pub in the Peak District.

That said, one of the friends that I'd really like to enjoy a meal with died two weeks ago, so even once this is over, it will tall take a bit of getting used to :(

Meeting up with some family members for a Saturday match at Bramall Lane, along the way a few pints & a pre-match chip butty from Brenda's chippy in town. 

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Meeting up with some family members for a Saturday match at Bramall Lane, along the way a few pints & a pre-match chip butty from Brenda's chippy in town. 

Polite hint.

Don't tell em any Jokes.