When This Is Over.

To be able to sit round a table in the rutland on a Saturday afternoon with a group of mates, having a beer talking about everything and nothing. Then having a walk down to the industry tap and doing the same again, then to the beer engine, then finishing the evening with a kebabish 

being able to get back to work, not done a day's work since March.

On 01/01/2021 at 08:07, Bunny Marsh said:

Northern Soul Sunday afternoons at Bessemers.

Where is Bessemars?

8 hours ago, sedith said:

Where is Bessemars?

Leopold Street, near the top of Fargate. 

Used to be Laskys and Fountain Bar.

they used to have a Northern Soul afternoon, last Sunday in every month.

Being able to have fresh bread and milk instead of frozen most of the time 

Well, having just experienced a very strange Christmas and New Year, I suppose that any return towards your particular 'normal' is going to be welcomed, but...

Without being a nay-sayer, I suspect you'll have a very similar festive season in 2021 as well.

I honestly can't see this thing going away any time soon. The vaccines do not protect 100%. I suspect that some kind of tiered system will still exist through to 2022, and perhaps beyond.

The schooling and university situation is garbled. Already we're reading reports that the supplies of vaccines to the UK are not the levels as expected/claimed. Travel in 2021 is going to continue to be 'complicated', with countries being 'open' one week, but then a breakout somewhere will screw it up again.

Confusion over isolating/quarantining will continue due to ever-changing rules and regulations.

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

Well, having just experienced a very strange Christmas and New Year, I suppose that any return towards your particular 'normal' is going to be welcomed, but...

Without being a nay-sayer, I suspect you'll have a very similar festive season in 2021 as well.

I honestly can't see this thing going away any time soon. The vaccines do not protect 100%. I suspect that some kind of tiered system will still exist through to 2022, and perhaps beyond.

The schooling and university situation is garbled. Already we're reading reports that the supplies of vaccines to the UK are not the levels as expected/claimed. Travel in 2021 is going to continue to be 'complicated', with countries being 'open' one week, but then a breakout somewhere will screw it up again.

Confusion over isolating/quarantining will continue due to ever-changing rules and regulations.

Agree 100% with this, were a long way from seeing the back of this.

But when it is all over, I'll be taking a bloody good holiday 🙂

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best
And
Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the light side of life
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing
And
(Come on)
Always look on the right side of life

😊

6 hours ago, Rollypolly said:
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best
And
Always look on the light side of life
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing
And
(Come on)
Always look on the right side of life

😊

I hope you're right to wear those rose-tinted glasses.

I really do.

But I doubt it....

17 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Being realistic, I think this will be pretty much the case in 2021. I will just be happy to be able to go out for a run without some people on seeing me looking like a rabbit in headlights and me feeling like I have to risk getting run over by darting into the road.