Celebrities Putting Any Small Incident To Get In The News.

16 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I have to partly agree with you here. She must be getting a fare amount of money for the programme. Still admire her for bringing her son up.

She is a business woman, and a ‘celebrity’, being on TV is part of her job. I wouldn’t do my job for free. 
As for putting her kids on TV, that’s perhaps a different matter, but anything that raises awareness about  disability, and all the issues that go with it has got to be a good thing surely?

A lot more people will watch this than would if it was Mrs Bloggs from Rotherham, and the programme makers know that.

Edited by nikki-red

3 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

She is a business woman, and a ‘celebrity’, being on TV is part of her job. I wouldn’t do my job for free. 
As for putting her kids on TV, that’s perhaps a different matter, but anything that raises awareness about  disability, and all the issues that go with it has got to be a good thing surely?

A lot more people will watch this than would if it was Mrs Bloggs from Rotherham, and the programme makers know that.

I agree entirely. You can put things into words better than I can. I shall watch the programme first though.

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

I am the opposite.     I won't watch it because it's her.   

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Attention seeker Katie Price is on the Tele tomorrow night, Its all about her bringing up her disabled son Harvey.

Now I have every sympathy with her, but there are thousands of mums in similar circumstances.

If we have to watch something like this, lets have some poor mum struggling along on benefits, Not Katie Price !!!

Unknown random mother on benefits doesn't attract viewers. Katie Price does.

As others have been saying, she's not attention-seeking.  That is her work, her income, her livelihood.   Her talent and her sellable asset is being Katie Price.

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Unknown random mother on benefits doesn't attract viewers. Katie Price does.

As others have been saying, she's not attention-seeking.  That is her work, her income, her livelihood.   Her talent and her sellable asset is being Katie Price.

Theirs more talent in my little toe nail..

The only talent she possessed was having a big booby job done.

The public are gullible, and by does she know how to play em.

31 minutes ago, Padders said:

Whose fault is that tho? Not hers. 

Like her or not she sells stories. She knows that and the publishers and producers know that. 

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I could not disagree more. This is a typical stock response of ".....pfft I could do better.....what do they know about talent...."   

Well, given she has had a very lucrative career for nearly 25 years including reaching the Times Best Seller book list, securing several six-figure publishing contracts for writing novels and a list of brand licencing deals longer than your arm...I would suggest she knows quite a lot about what her talent is worth.

Like it or not, she has been a very savvy business woman. She may well just be dismissed as some ditsy page 3 model but she was clever enough to know that her career of getting her boobies out was going to be very short lived. She could have been cast away at the sight of the first wrinkle and faded into obscurity - as did so many of the other models. I bet you can't name many other famous ex Page 3 girls.  I can probably only think of one or two others who had any real career afterwards.

Price instead made the smart move to maximise her exposure, personality, public profile to build up a following of interest. She was clever in the way she sold her own lifestyle as a makeshift soap opera which built up her following even more to the point where now she has millions of fans who are actually interested and the producers, glossy magazines and TV companies are only too happy to pay her good money for good returns in viewership.    

Her books are of course dumbed down supermarket paperback fodder but she is savvy enough to know her market, know how to suit her writing and make good profits for her publishers.

That is a talent.

There are thousands of wannabe real life blogger, models, singers, personalities, entertainers who all think they have "it" but then ask yourself why only certain ones make a long and successful career. What exactly do they have that the thousands of others don't.  Katie Price is a prime example of someone who does have that talent, star power and public draw.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

I could not disagree more. This is a typical stock response of ".....pfft I could do better.....what do they know about talent...."   

Well, given she has had a very lucrative career for nearly 25 years including reaching the Times Best Seller book list, securing several six-figure publishing contracts for writing novels and a list of brand licencing deals longer than your arm...I would suggest she knows quite a lot about what her talent is worth.

Like it or not, she has been a very savvy business woman. She may well just be dismissed as some ditsy page 3 model but she was clever enough to know that her career of getting her boobies out was going to be very short lived. She could have been cast away at the sight of the first wrinkle and faded into obscurity - as did so many of the other models. I bet you can't name many other famous ex Page 3 girls.  I can probably only think of one or two others who had any real career afterwards.

Price instead made the smart move to maximise her exposure, personality, public profile to build up a following of interest. She was clever in the way she sold her own lifestyle as a makeshift soap opera which built up her following even more to the point where now she has millions of fans who are actually interested and the producers, glossy magazines and TV companies are only too happy to pay her good money for good returns in viewership.    

Her books are of course dumbed down supermarket paperback fodder but she is savvy enough to know her market, know how to suit her writing and make good profits for her publishers.

That is a talent.

There are thousands of wannabe real life blogger, models, singers, personalities, entertainers who all think they have "it" but then ask yourself why only certain ones make a long and successful career. What exactly do they have that the thousands of others don't.  Katie Price is a prime example of someone who does have that talent, star power and public draw.  

Always read your post's ECCO.

Find them interesting and informative, this one is no exception.

However I've just read up on her career on Google, perfume scams, diet scams, 3 failed marriage's, arrested for threating mums outside school, numerous convictions for driving offences, user of cocaine and other drugs.

Oh don't the public just love her.

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Always read your post's ECCO.

Find them interesting and informative, this one is no exception.

However I've just read up on her career on Google, perfume scams, diet scams, 3 failed marriage's, arrested for threating mums outside school, numerous convictions for driving offences, user of cocaine and other drugs.

Oh don't the public just love her.

Yeah they do. The more a famous and powerful person comes off the rails the more the public fascination increases.

From Z list celebrities up to the most powerful royal and political families in the world, everybody loves to see somebody else falling apart.  

If said protagonist such as Ms Price turns around their disasters and recovers it is even better for the media bank balances because then they can sell it as an inspirational and heartwarming story of triumph.

Edited by ECCOnoob

We aren’t discussing  wether she’s talented or deserves the money she earns. We are discussing whether or not she abandoned this disabled  , blind son of hers, and the answer is no. 

14 hours ago, pattricia said:

We aren’t discussing  wether she’s talented or deserves the money she earns. We are discussing whether or not she abandoned this disabled  , blind son of hers, and the answer is no. 

The programme is not for me so I won't be watching but it'll be interesting to hear if Harvey's father, footballer Dwight Yorke gets a mention or if he's made any contact with him?  

He's never seemed happy to acknowledge his son or accept him. 

Edited by Baron99

25 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The programme is not for me so I won't be watching but it'll be interesting to hear if Harvey's father, footballer Dwight Yorke gets a mention or if he's made any contact with him?  

He's never seemed happy to acknowledge his son or accept him. 

Yes, his father has never acknowledged him.