Celebrities Putting Any Small Incident To Get In The News.

Totally agree with you too, @ECCOnoob, but fortunately as you may have noticed from my earlier post, I'm odd, because I have no interest in the 'famous' and actually read much further down the Honours list until I come to those who actually deserve it, and note why they got whatever gong it was. Some of the stories of those people bring tears to my eyes.

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I don't usually post in here (you may have noticed :wink: ), but I have to ask - why do you even bother to buy the bog-rolls that masquerade as 'news'papers?

Because The Daily Mail does not make a big thing of these so called “ Celebrities” and 95% of the paper is interesting.! I know I could read it online but I like to feel the newspaper between my hands. There are always some nice long articles that I  Iike to save till later and read in bed. It relaxes me somehow.

28 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Because The Daily Mail does not make a big thing of these so called “ Celebrities” and 95% of the paper is interesting.! I know I could read it online but I like to feel the newspaper between my hands. There are always some nice long articles that I  Iike to save till later and read in bed. It relaxes me somehow.

Well, the paper must be totally different to the online version, because that is full of dross, and it must have improved in the past year or so, because the last time I picked a copy up someone had left on a bus, I nearly cried when I saw what they had done to a once reasonable newspaper.

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’ve noticed lately that celebrities are putting any small incident, that has happened to them, online or in the newspapers , to get them noticed and therefor get them work. We don’t want to know about these trivial incidents when the NHS staff are working day and night to nurse ill and dying patients !

The media seems obsessed with telling people what little mishap has befallen these "celebrities", things that happen to ordinary people every day. Most of us just have to carry on the best we can if it happens to us, yet it happens to a "celebrity" and it is a headline on a media site.

12 minutes ago, iansheff said:

The media seems obsessed with telling people what little mishap has befallen these "celebrities", things that happen to ordinary people every day. Most of us just have to carry on the best we can if it happens to us, yet it happens to a "celebrity" and it is a headline on a media site.

Also I think they get a payment for reporting any news about themselves.

5 minutes ago, pattricia said:

6 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Also I think they get a payment for reporting any news about themselves.

Greedy gets!

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Greedy gets!

Don't think I agree with that at all.

If the Daily Mail, Take a Break magazine or 1001 websites are making money out of advertising whilst parading your embarrassing photographs of you tripping up on the street or showing your knickers getting into a car or pushing a trolley round a supermarket - why the hell shouldn't the celebrity concerned get some money from it.

Just like I say earlier, it is us consumers who are wanting to see all these mishaps and 'real life' moments of our favourite stars.  If we seek to treat them as our property to be followed around, snapped and  gawped at on our whim then that comes with a price.

After all,  it is them and their image which is the product and attracts the value.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Fair enough @ECCOnoob, when you put it like that, I have to agree. Just don't see the point, meself.

Now suppose a famous celebrity came to visit or live next door to you I bet most of you couldn't wait to tell your friends!

Me? To be honest, I couldn't care less. Mind you, I can't see a famous person wanting to live in a two-up/two-down cottage.😄

Hmmm. Holly Willoughby says she's tired and weary after a week of working and home teaching. I wonder if she realises that she's not the only one struggling.

Of course she realises. She will not be completely blind to the way of the world.

However, there is an obvious reason why Holly Willoughby's problems are reported in the papers compared to Jane Bloggs who nobody has heard of.

One attracts readers and sells advertising space the other nobody gives a toss about. Can't really blame Holly for the draw of the general public to the world "celebrity" even on the most banal issues.

If someone threw me a few hundred quid to do a quick interview about my troubles I'd take them up on it too.  

Edited by ECCOnoob