Celebrities Putting Any Small Incident To Get In The News.

I’ve noticed lately that celebrities are putting any small incident, that has happened to them, online or in the newspapers , to get them noticed and therefor get them work. We don’t want to know about these trivial incidents when the NHS staff are working day and night to nurse ill and dying patients !

16 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I’ve noticed lately that celebrities are putting any small incident, that has happened to them, online or in the newspapers , to get them noticed and therefor get them work. We don’t want to know about these trivial incidents when the NHS staff are working day and night to nurse ill and dying patients !

Front page of yesterdays Sun newspaper,

KATIE PRICE GETTING MARRIED FOR THE 4th TIME.

Who the hell cares about her, as you say, they will do anything to get a bit of publicity.

15 minutes ago, Padders said:

Front page of yesterdays Sun newspaper,

KATIE PRICE GETTING MARRIED FOR THE 4th TIME.

Who the hell cares about her, as you say, they will do anything to get a bit of publicity.

She is the worst person for doing this kind of thing.! Let her walk round The Sheffield Children’s Hospital for a few hours, and see the young children with brain haemorrhages etc who are actually dying !

Price is an awful woman. What I hate in the press are the so called celebs doing nothing at all to get a mention like Honey Ross exposes cleavage in lingerie or Christine McGuinness drops jaws with racy display or Amanda Holden risks wardrobe malfunction good grief give me a break.

41 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Price is an awful woman. What I hate in the press are the so called celebs doing nothing at all to get a mention like Honey Ross exposes cleavage in lingerie or Christine McGuinness drops jaws with racy display or Amanda Holden risks wardrobe malfunction good grief give me a break.

These type of things you mention are exactly what I mean.!

I don't usually post in here (you may have noticed :wink: ), but I have to ask - why do you even bother to buy the bog-rolls that masquerade as 'news'papers?

Edited by RollingJ

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I don't usually post in here (you may have noticed :wink: ), but I have to ask - why do you even bother to buy the bog-rolls that masquerade as 'news'papers?

Well in the past when folks couldn't afford toilet paper they were torn up and used as 'bog rolls'.

A fitting end for some maybe and an originator of the phrase 'black bottom'?

echo.

35 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Good point - you took the words out of my mouth.

I would include Facebook & Twitter with these bog rolls too.

I sometimes think the world has gone mad - important happenings are overlooked and and trivial things are blown up and celebrated.

Three cheers for the NHS again.

Time that the honours list changed too. Away from entertainers who are well paid for their work, sports stars ditto and politicians and their benefactors.

Lets have more NHS surgeons, nurses, paramedics  etc and more firefighters, lifeboat crews & mountain rescue people.

Those who give the most, always receive the least and those who line their own pockets finish up at the top of the tree. 

I totally agree with all the points you make, @Organgrinder - unfortunately, 99% of the world - it appears - don't.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Wouldn’t pay for them it’s just flicking through the online version.

The unfortunate truth is that we the public are the ones who create such situation. We are the ones who actually do want to know every little detail about a personality's life.

This is certainly not a new concept and the obsession over the famous and influential can be traced back decades. However I do feel that it has become worse as social media developed and there are now huge numbers of people who deludedly believe that they are in a friendship or have acquaintances with their chosen celebrity just because they have a read only connection with them on social media. That leads to people obsessively wanting to know every aspect of what their celebrity is doing.

They go wild because some airhead gym obsessed lump of meat is "unknowingly" photoed taking the bins out with their shirt off and gets published in some magazine.  They delight at seeing some blonde bimbo from that TV quiz being snapped walking around Tesco . ".....oh look it's that Brenda Giggleboobs from that show.....she shops in supermarkets just like us normal people do.  Amazing"

The more we lap it up, the more the media are willing to provide it. It's quick and easy fodder  they can fill their papers with and sell copy.

It's like the whole argument with the honours list that comes up up every year. The fact is that the list contains nearly 1500 people - many of whom will be from those worthy professions. However, celebrity obsessed public only care about the the handful of headline star names.

Harsh as it is. In reality, nobody actually cares about Deirdre the cleaner and part-time charity fundraiser getting an honour, but a famous sports person or an established actor getting one for their services to Theatre is going to sell papers.

We only really have ourselves to blame.  

Edited by ECCOnoob