Facebook Account Disabled ?

8 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

It's been known, I have known people who have sat there, looking through people JUST to report posts.... had it happen to me, and people I know... even on 3, 4 or 5 year old pictures/posts...

But I wasn't saying it WASN'T AI, I was just covering all bases....

And Ignore that advise given here, a VPN will not help in this situation.... there is no way to 'get round' this, without FB removing the ban...

I think the guy who i swore at reported the post,so yes you are right about people who just look to try and antagonize others, like me, knowing they will get a reaction to report....Assholes !!!

Theres no way of contacting facebook admin' ...  So Looks like i am stuffed then. 

PS.. i am not bothered about going back onto the Political group that caused this bother, but i have friends abroad & also adverts that i can no longer access ....

Edited by Pussycat12

1 hour ago, Pussycat12 said:

I think the guy who i swore at reported the post,so yes you are right about people who just look to try and antagonize others, like me, knowing they will get a reaction to report....Assholes !!!

Theres no way of contacting facebook admin' ...  So Looks like i am stuffed then. 

PS.. i am not bothered about going back onto the Political group that caused this bother, but i have friends abroad & also adverts that i can no longer access ....

Your ban will be reviewed by a person, If you clicked the thing to request a review etc.... it may be a few days, may be a few weeks, but it will happen..

Just have patience :)

18 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Your ban will be reviewed by a person, If you clicked the thing to request a review etc.... it may be a few days, may be a few weeks, but it will happen..

Just have patience :)

Yes i clicked "Review" ...  but it says "if it is found that i did not follow community standards then my account will remain disabled"

So i fear the worst

2 hours ago, Pussycat12 said:

Yes i clicked "Review" ...  but it says "if it is found that i did not follow community standards then my account will remain disabled"

So i fear the worst

but if it is (as you think above) someone targeting you, and reporting things on purpose, then there's a chance you will be fine...

Unless you know it's broken the rules, then honestly, it's your own fault ;)

5 hours ago, Ghozer said:

but if it is (as you think above) someone targeting you, and reporting things on purpose, then there's a chance you will be fine...

Quote:-  Unless you know it's broken the rules, then honestly, it's your own fault ;)

I told someone who was having a go at me to "Go F*Off Asshole & Drop Dead"  .... ? is this worthy of a ban ?

its nowhere near as bad as some posts i have seen from others.

Edited by Pussycat12

LOL somebody just posted in a sinclair sales group on facebook a post they posted over 12 months ago has come up against their community standards against drugs ffs, the only word i can think would relate to drugs is the word sticks (as in joysticks) or maybe Cartridges (as in microdrive cartridges) sigh, another stupid, pointless automatic restriction, the guy in questions not been banned but hes now on automicat post moderation because of it

19 hours ago, Pussycat12 said:

I told someone who was having a go at me to "Go F*Off Asshole & Drop Dead"  .... ? is this worthy of a ban ?

its nowhere near as bad as some posts i have seen from others.

Honestly, I think you will be fine if that's all it was... Just have patience ;)

2 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Honestly, I think you will be fine if that's all it was... Just have patience ;)

👍    

Edited by Pussycat12

I do hope this resolves well for you Pussycat12, but have to say, I don't share Ghozer's optimism. I don't imagine any review would get more than a few milliseconds of human attention; may as well be a monkey there randomly clicking on 'yes' 'no' buttons as they review many cases per minute.

If you are banned permanently, could you not just setup a new account? How would Facebook know that the new account belongs to the same individual whose previous account was banned? I suppose IP address logging; which I guess is why people were suggesting use of a VPN?

Edited by Waldo

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

I do hope this resolves well for you Pussycat12, but have to say, I don't share Ghozer's optimism. I don't imagine any review would get more than a few milliseconds of human attention; may as well be a monkey there randomly clicking on 'yes' 'no' buttons as they review many cases per minute.

If you are banned permanently, could you not just setup a new account? How would Facebook know that the new account belongs to the same individual whose previous account was banned? I suppose IP address logging; which I guess is why people were suggesting use of a VPN?

I have known, from personal experience that they get reviewed by a person... as I have had contact directly from a person at Facebook regarding an issue previously....

it just takes time!

23 hours ago, Waldo said:

According to the Techman who looks after my Laptop tells me my IP address is not static & it changes every month or if i reboot it it changes, he also suggests setting up a new account using a different email address & phone number if requested... i am going to leave it a bit longer & if the Ban remains i will give it a try

Edited by Pussycat12

3 hours ago, Pussycat12 said:

According to the Techman who looks after my Laptop tells me my IP address is not static & it changes every month or if i reboot it it changes, he also suggests setting up a new account using a different email address & phone number if requested... i am going to leave it a bit longer & if the Ban remains i will give it a try

I kinda need to use Facebook for business stuff; but to be honest, if it wasn't for that, I'd be tempted to just give it up anyway (if I was in your position). It just wouldn't be a massive loss to me; probably a gain in many ways, Facebook can be a bit of time sink and, well, a big pile of you know what; low quality information, mis-information, people being rubbish, ill considered opinions, fake news; etc etc. That's been my experience with it at least!