Blackburn Rovers V Sheffield Wednesday

A goal from nowhere and then defended like Lions but as United fans will tell you  after losing the lead three times soaking up all that pressure for most of the game doesn't work very often.

Edited by Alextopman

Rearguard approach from the Owls today, defended manfully, offered little by way of attack, the ball doesnt stick upfront long enough for the MF to get involved, as a result were constantly defending, but even if it did we arent a side that has lots og goals from MF anyhow, although Reach scored a peach today, MF goals are few and far between these days now theres no FF, Lee or Wallace.

Was always going to be tough game against the divisions leading scorers given our record infront of goal these days, so all in all a decent point.

To be fair I'd of took a point before the game. Disappointed to concede that goal, I'm sure pulis won't of been pleased he could dance around 4 defenders to score either. 1 Goal isn't enough for us, need to bring a couple of attack minded players in.

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

To be fair I'd of took a point before the game. Disappointed to concede that goal, I'm sure pulis won't of been pleased he could dance around 4 defenders to score either. 1 Goal isn't enough for us, need to bring a couple of attack minded players in.

I agree Blackburn have been scoring for fun so a draw can definitely be looked on as a plus, we need to start picking some wins up elsewhere though.

12 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I agree Blackburn have been scoring for fun so a draw can definitely be looked on as a plus, we need to start picking some wins up elsewhere though.

We limited them to a couple of chances, didn't look like scoring until they did according to the commentary I heard so a bonus but like you say we need to get wins, certainly from teams around us. Desperately need to find goals from somewhere, find those and we should have enough to stay up.

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

We limited them to a couple of chances, didn't look like scoring until they did according to the commentary I heard so a bonus but like you say we need to get wins, certainly from teams around us. Desperately need to find goals from somewhere, find those and we should have enough to stay up.

Its easy to identify the problem,in Bannan Reach,Harris and Luongo  the average goals person combined totals about 13,put Patterson in MF and leave one up top the MF gain an extra 5 goals,that means your gunna need a premier league quality striker to score the rest of the goals you need,we only have Windass who averages 6 goals a season,mainly at a lower level than championship.So thats 24 goals for the season!

Our defenders arent goalscorers either

6 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Its easy to identify the problem,in Bannan Reach,Harris and Luongo  the average goals person combined totals about 13,put Patterson in MF and leave one up top the MF gain an extra 5 goals,that means your gunna need a premier league quality striker to score the rest of the goals you need,we only have Windass who averages 6 goals a season,mainly at a lower level than championship.So thats 24 goals for the season!

Our defenders arent goalscorers either

Very true. Dunkley is supposed to have a goal or two in him though, probably dry up now he's with us though. Just have to hope pulis can bring a couple in to change it

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Very true. Dunkley is supposed to have a goal or two in him though, probably dry up now he's with us though. Just have to hope pulis can bring a couple in to change it

We havent had regular goalscoring defenders since the days of Reda Johnson & Liera, weve lost the goals from MF of FF, Lee and Wallace,and  our strikers are impotent,Joao, Hooper and Fletch could all get you 15 goals a piece.

As i see it we may hit around 30 goals this season, thats not good enough to stay in the division.

in todays sun pullis wants out,BUT it will cost him a fortune as his contract is so big,hope he doesnt use that a different way to get out of it?