Gordon, Gino And Fred !

Oh dear, these three are much better apart in their own programmes. Whoever thought this idea up ? They call themselves The Three Amigos. The Three Egos would be a better description ! They looked visibly bored. Fred in particular looked like he’d rather be somewhere else !

I agree. It's the same with Jeremy Clarkson and the other two. I always think they're saying ' Look at us, aren't we funny?' And in my opinion the answer is 'No you're not'.

16 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

I agree. It's the same with Jeremy Clarkson and the other two. I always think they're saying ' Look at us, aren't we funny?' And in my opinion the answer is 'No you're not'.

Glad you agree with me, as I expected a lot of replies disagreeing. They are much better on their own especially Fred.

Oh yes, Fred the glorified waiter who has somehow become a "personality".

Have to admit I don't get it. It seems a completely bizarre combination with very little purpose other than three people having a midlife crisis.

At least with proper Top Gear/Grand Tour (which follows the same old men behaving badly trick) the three protagonists are actually serious car journalists with a genuine interest in the subject and produce the programme with a deliberate and obvious purpose to entertain.

The combination of Fred, Gino and Gordon simply has no structure. I never know what is supposed to be or even what sort of subject it's supposed to cover.

The relationship between them (again unlike Top Gear) doesn't fit.

Gordon is a successful top tier  Michelin-starred chef who has always in the past robustly argued that he was not a "TV presenter" is now alongside bargain basement, Iceland ready meal Gino who is the ultimate definition "TV Cook" and is almost one step away from being a chacatertue of one.   Add on that both of these so-called chefs are suddenly chummy with of all things A WAITER...... a job role who most head chefs (particularly Gordon if you have ever seen his behind the scenes early documentaries) detest and abuse...... it's all so fake it's painful.

Certainly not one for me.

Edited by ECCOnoob

15 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh yes, Fred the glorified waiter who has somehow become a "personality".

Have to admit I don't get it. It seems a completely bizarre combination with very little purpose other than three people having a midlife crisis.

At least with proper Top Gear/Grand Tour (which follows the same old men behaving badly trick) the three protagonists are actually serious car journalists with a genuine interest in the subject and produce the programme with a deliberate and obvious purpose to entertain.

The combination of Fred, Gino and Gordon simply has no structure. I never know what is supposed to be or even what sort of subject it's supposed to cover.

The relationship between them (again unlike Top Gear) doesn't fit.

Gordon is a successful top tier  Michelin-starred chef who has always in the past robustly argued that he was not a "TV presenter" is now alongside bargain basement, Iceland ready meal Gino who is the ultimate definition "TV Cook" and is almost one step away from being a chacatertue of one.   Add on that both of these so-called chefs are suddenly chummy with of all things A WAITER...... a job role who most head chefs (particularly Gordon if you have ever seen his behind the scenes early documentaries) detest and abuse...... it's all so fake it's painful.

Certainly not one for me.

I agree. Also I think some of these. “special “  Christmas shows are filmed in the Summer so  they have to have fake snow in them. I’ve seen many so called Christmas shows when the scenery is lush and green and definitely not December.

Give me Dads Army and Porridge any day when the scripts really were funny.! 

5 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I agree. Also I think some of these. “special “  Christmas shows are filmed in the Summer so  they have to have fake snow in them. I’ve seen many so called Christmas shows when the scenery is lush and green and definitely not December.

You have twice started threads about not being able to watch fiction.  What’s different about Dad’s Army and Porridge?  They’re certainly not realistic.

38 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

You have twice started threads about not being able to watch fiction.  What’s different about Dad’s Army and Porridge?  They’re certainly not realistic.

The scripts !

The Fred guy is ok on First dates but this was rubbish, he did a voice over on a programme about Monaco earlier this year and his voice ruined it

1 hour ago, pintor said:

The Fred guy is ok on First dates but this was rubbish, he did a voice over on a programme about Monaco earlier this year and his voice ruined it

Strange that. A Frenchman speaking about somewhere in connected to France and it's somehow ruins it??

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

I don't think anyone doubts that they are. TV takes an age to be made, be edited, be approved and then finally get broadcast.

I think it's been a running gag for a while that most Christmas TV is filmed in August with the Blazing sun in the background

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

Dads Army's out door scenes were  definately all made in the summer,   the location being Thetford in Norfolk .  As for todays  British comedies just off the top are  Duty Free,   Fools and Horses and  The Office were the last I could laugh at.   Mrs Browns Boys, Not going out ect just don't do it for me.