Christmas Logo Comp Judging!

CHRISTMAS LOGO COMP JUDGING!   

27 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Vote for your favourite logo! Closes tomorrow 10:30AM.

• Sheffield Forum with tree
    • Sheffield Forum with smiling baubles
    • Merry Sheffmas
    • Sheffmas
    • Sheffield with red bauble
    • Sheffield with firework and snow
    • Merry Sheffield
    • Merry Sheffield Christmas
    • Sheffield Shines this Christmas (dark)
    • A Special Sheffield Christmas
    • Sheffield Shines this Christmas (light)
    • First, you do. Then you don't. Then you become.
    • 2020 with sheet music
    • Sheffield Forum with Santa hat and snowflakes
    • Dog with SF medal
    • Sheffield Forum blue background red tree

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/12/20 at 10:30

1.png

2.gif

3-1.png

3-2.png

3-3.png

3-4.png

3-5.png

3-6.png

3-7.png

3-8.png

3-9.png

4-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

5.png

6.png

7.jpg

And the winners are...! 

First Prize of a £50 Sheffield Gift Card - Sheffield Forum with smiling baubles!

Second Prize of a £25 Sheffield Gift Card - Dog with SF medal

Third Prize of a £10 Sheffield Gift Card - Sheffield Forum blue background red tree

Thanks for entering everyone! Hope you all have a lovely Christmas :)

Not more electoral fraud!

Oh come on! I voted for mine at least 18 times!

I had big pharma against me.... I had the media against me...I had big tech against me....

I was getting ready for a big celebration...

I was getting ready to win this election.....Frankly, I did win this election...

(Congrats to the 3 winners, btw!)

:wave:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Well, I can honestly say that this has come as a surprise to me!

Being a bit of a cynical old sausage (who is not a member of any forum clique and has no agenda to promote) I fully expected to experience the feelings that a certain Mr D Trump must be going through, so it's really nice to see that there are still a few people out there with integrity who appreciate the work of such a talented artiste like myself over any preconceived affiliations they may have.

Who knew that Sheffield Forumers had such impeccable taste?

So it's with great pride that I accept the prestigious Sheffield Forum Prize for Pixelated Excellence 2020 on behalf of my clients, "The Baubles".

By nature, they are little guys of limited vocabulary and so have asked me to pass on their thanks to everyone who made the effort and voted for them. They really appreciate that in what has been a pretty miserable year for all of us, their attempts to give us a bit of a chuckle have been acknowledged.

And we would also like to grovel to thank the 'new management team' for organising the competition to try to encourage back to the forum a bit of the fun that we all know has for too long been in short supply. I must say that I was hoping that a few of the entertaining members of Christmases past might have popped by to give us a giggle. There's still time guys...

Anyroadup... back to why we're here...

I'm sure most of us will agree that the standard set by this year's competition entries has certainly been eye-opening, with a few dedicated individuals even reaching the highest levels of mediocrity.

Well done everyone who entered!

And so to this year's winning logo...

We know that many of you will be thinking "It's a load of balls!", and you would be factually correct...

... although in these sensitive times, where someone somewhere will sadly think that anything remotely amusing is offensive, it would be more politically correct to say "It's a load of Christmas baubles!"

This is obviously a seasonal term used to describe the little chaps who are more at home decorating your Christmas tree than entertaining a global audience, and should not be confused with a term more recently concocted by Boris Scrooge and his chums in their efforts to keep us all safe and well...

Which conveniently brings me to the concerns some of you may have about the disregard for any social distancing guidelines shown by these guys.

Let me assure you all that like our beloved leaders, these little chaps take social distancing very seriously and have been devotees of the practice long before it became fashionable. They are experts at self-isolating and are used to spending 11 months of every year in a cardboard box on top of a wardrobe or in a dusty loft.

So despite the apparent lack of any specific Government guidelines with repect to Christmas ornaments, and to set a good example to any impressionable viewers out there, our little friends were only too happy to wear their protective masks.

Well that's more than enough from me... I'll let the real stars have the final few words.

Stay safe everyone!

"Blokey"
(Artistic Director for "The Baubles")

SFThanks.gif

Well done Mr Bloke,

I must have good taste because I'd no hesitation in voting for the little critters :clap::clap:.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Well done Mr Bloke,

I must have good taste because I'd no hesitation in voting for the little critters :clap::clap:.

Me too  ........... the best by far.     :thumbsup:

What are you going to treat yourself to Mr Bloke with your prize  ?

6 minutes ago, francypants said:

Me too  ........... the best by far.     :thumbsup:

What are you going to treat yourself to Mr Bloke with your prize  ?

I've already sent my begging letter.

Well done Mr Bloke :)
Even I didn't know who had created any of the entries BTW, so voting was as genuine as it could get.

Wow poll didn't last long :( Closed already!

Only just seen this was even here.... 

Hadn't even finished my logo or submitted yet... been super busy!! Oh well, mibbe next year!

Edited by Ghozer

Hello again everyone!  :wave:

Just thought I'd let anyone who's interested know that I've just received my Sheffield City Centre Gift Card prize for winning this years Christmas Logo Competition (posted on Christmas Eve).

Thanks again to everyone who took part in the competition and to those of you who could be bothered to vote (whether you voted for "The Baubles" or not).

It's nice to see that the forum is trying to bring back a bit of the fun that seems to have been lost over the past few years - let's hope it continues...

Happy New Year everyone!

Mr B  :thumbsup: