Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Christmas Day, 2020

I normally host all the family at Christmas but not this year-too risky! Just me and ‘Bubbles’ (eldest son) who’s now on his own. He just just wants a roast beef Sunday dinner so should be quite a restful day for me and, as I’m shielding, he’s got all the shopping to do 😀

6 hours ago, catmiss said:

I normally host all the family at Christmas but not this year-too risky! Just me and ‘Bubbles’ (eldest son) who’s now on his own. He just just wants a roast beef Sunday dinner so should be quite a restful day for me and, as I’m shielding, he’s got all the shopping to do 😀

A roast beef Sunday dinner.

Oooooo....

I can't remember the last one I had! Must be years....

I can almost smell one now!

Postman's just been,

1 Christmas card, accompanied by a huge gas bill,

is someone taking the mickey ?

12 hours ago, catmiss said:

Sounds lovely. Enjoy.

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Postman's just been,

1 Christmas card, accompanied by a huge gas bill,

is someone taking the mickey ?

Aw Padders....  sadly bills are for life, not just for Christmas.... 

Snuggle down and Keep warm with a hot toddy.

☺️Merry Christmas!☺️

Just now, Anna B said:

Aw Padders....  sadly bills are for life, not just for Christmas.... 

Snuggle down and Keep warm with a hot toddy.

☺️Merry Christmas!☺️

Fanks Anna, and the same to you 😍.

I've just had to tell my mother it wouldn't be wise for her to join us for Christmas day. My son received a message last night to say he had tested positive for Covid 19 ( he works in the NHS and is tested regularly ) so he has to isolate for 10 days as do the missus and myself.

17 minutes ago, charliewag said:

I've just had to tell my mother it wouldn't be wise for her to join us for Christmas day. My son received a message last night to say he had tested positive for Covid 19 ( he works in the NHS and is tested regularly ) so he has to isolate for 10 days as do the missus and myself.

Yep same here, I normally join my Mum for Christmas Day, but given I have to rely on public transport, I'm not taking that risk.

I think these conversations are happening up and down the country this year, and I hope that most people will be sensible, especially with a vaccine just round the corner.

Me and Rivelin6 always spend Christams day on our own anyway so no change this year.

We did used to pop to the pub but then it started to get too popular and crowded so we stopped bothering.

So...get up, bit of breakfast and some coffee. Open any presents we might have (although we've told each other we aren't buying this year), clear wrapping paper away.

I might treat myself to a bacon butty for lunch.

3ish....maybe start on the snowballs or sherry

4ish...I start cooking, at the moment it looks like beetroot tarte tattin with roast sweet potato chips.

6ish...maybe some smoked salmon and a glass of bubbly

6.30ish...eat tea

7ish..."Is there anything to watch tonight?"......."No"

8ish.....Rivelin6 goes to bed and I watch a repeat of Misummer Murders with a Laphroaig or two.

10ish...bed

53 minutes ago, taxman said:

Me and Rivelin6 always spend Christams day on our own anyway so no change this year.

We did used to pop to the pub but then it started to get too popular and crowded so we stopped bothering.

So...get up, bit of breakfast and some coffee. Open any presents we might have (although we've told each other we aren't buying this year), clear wrapping paper away.

I might treat myself to a bacon butty for lunch.

3ish....maybe start on the snowballs or sherry

4ish...I start cooking, at the moment it looks like beetroot tarte tattin with roast sweet potato chips.

6ish...maybe some smoked salmon and a glass of bubbly

6.30ish...eat tea

7ish..."Is there anything to watch tonight?"......."No"

8ish.....Rivelin6 goes to bed and I watch a repeat of Misummer Murders with a Laphroaig or two.

10ish...bed

Crikey, life in the fast lane, not for me..

Laying on the Sofa all day is plenty for me.

41 minutes ago, Padders said:

Crikey, life in the fast lane, not for me..

Laying on the Sofa all day is plenty for me.

Come on - you 're the virtual host on Xmas Day - we expect you to provide the (virtual) drinks, toasts, and possible (if you have time) entertainment!