Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Why Does A Microwave Turntable Stop Revolving ?

Recommended Posts

Would you believe it ! It’s working this morning ! After a bit of moving the turntable from side to side by hand ! The temperamental devil ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The power of Sheffield Forum strikes again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pattricia said:

Would you believe it ! It’s working this morning ! After a bit of moving the turntable from side to side by hand ! The temperamental devil ! 

You have brought a little ray of sunshine into our lives.

Long may it twirl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hopman said:

The power of Sheffield Forum strikes again!

Yes,it’s waved it’s magic wand !

Just now, RJRB said:

You have brought a little ray of sunshine into our lives.

Long may it twirl.

Ey up, it may be back to normal next time I use it ! It’s a temperamental little devil ! I can imagine it crossing its arms thinking “ Shall I or shan’t I . “

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Yes,it’s waved it’s magic wand !

It nearly waved goodbye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That e/spares video was an easy change,but I don't think all microwave motors change that easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most likely you're right, in fact the old ones I think had internal motors with belt drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you saved yourself a few bob.now it's working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a safety point of view Patrica, I would just get a new one, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure they loose their seal after a while, or it's certainly not as good as when it was new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My microwave is pretty old now but has always worked ok. Now and again the glass turntable refuses to revolve, then after awhile it will start up again. It’s now stopped again, and after taking it in and out of the microwave, it still won’t budge. What causes this ? Is it better to buy a new one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pattricia said:

My microwave is pretty old now but has always worked ok. Now and again the glass turntable refuses to revolve, then after awhile it will start up again. It’s now stopped again, and after taking it in and out of the microwave, it still won’t budge. What causes this ? Is it better to buy a new one ?

Motor will have gone. Better buying new microwave 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Motor will have gone. Better buying new microwave 

Thanks rudds. Will take your advice.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.