South Yorkshire / Derbyshire Border Meeting Place

4 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The "...not suppose to..." is your interpretation of the the word "avoid" which is repeatedly used  in the current guidelines which are:

" avoid travelling outside of your area, including for overnight stays other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey"

and 

"If you live in a Tier 3 area, you must continue to follow Tier 3 rules when you travel to a Tier 1 or Tier 2 area. You must not stay with anyone you do not live with elsewhere in the UK or visit their home (unless you share a support bubble)."

and

"Avoid travelling outside your area, including for overnight stays, other than where necessary, such as:

for work

for education

to access voluntary, charitable or youth services

because of caring responsibilities

for moving home

to visit your support bubble

for a medical appointment or treatment"

Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-3-very-high-alert Published 30 November 2020.

What is "your area" is not defined. 

I know the guidelines are a bit vague in places but ‘avoid’ is pretty clear.  It’s very easy for me to avoid travelling outside S Yorks if there’s no valid reason for that journey.

I agree that ‘area’ is unclear. Does it mean Sheff or all of S Yorks? Etc. 

Please don’t turn this into a second Coronavirus thread.

Thank you.

I live pretty close to the border and regularly go outdoors in Derbyshire, don't even give it a second thought.

It was handy before when Derbyshire was tier 2 and you could go for a pint without having to buy a meal.

22 hours ago, Bilge said:

Except you’re not supposed to leave your area. Otherwise you could travel all over the North of England and never leave Tier3.

I was just puzzled how you could interpret 'avoid travelling to other areas' as 'we're not allowed out of our counties'. That seems to be taking it too far if you ask me.

I’m off to Newcastle tomorrow, for legitimate reasons.

I’ll let you know if I get any beef from the feds on the North Yorkshire border crossing😀 

8 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I’m off to Newcastle tomorrow, for legitimate reasons.

I’ll let you know if I get any beef from the feds on the North Yorkshire border crossing😀 

That's the key bit. So no problem, the feds will wave you through.

On 13/12/2020 at 09:37, abbeyedges said:

Car park at the Toby Carvery Dronfield. 

Lowedges park. Straddle the stream at the bottom of the park. One foot in Yorkshire. One foot in Derbyshire.

If you get caught it might be 'One foot in the grave'. 

There is a bridge accross the stream 

thats true so you could still be in both and not get wet,though its not that wide or deep,but it is muddy

3 hours ago, Pkingy said:

There is a bridge accross the stream 

That's true and if my memory serves me right it's next to some form of sewerage outlet. 

On 15/12/2020 at 07:02, Bilge said:

That's the key bit. So no problem, the feds will wave you through.

The Federal Bureau Of Investigation???? Don't you mean the North/West/South Yorkshire Police?