Nottingham Forrest V Sheffield Wednesday

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

thats why many fans wanted rhodes to be given a run in the team,but this is not a side bought by pullis,its the rubbish monk chose,the other problem is the big boss is used to doing and spending what he wants with his cash,unfortunatly in football you cannot spend what ever cash you want to,there is no other business i know that states how much you can spend,and also lets other teams just relegated have a extra cash advantage,other sides if they have enough cash should be able to at least  compete,lets hope he can buy us out of this problem,then start again in the summer,some say i am wrong to suggest we go down the way wolves got up ,signing world class loan players,but where are they now and look how it worked for them.

The only flaw with doing what Wolves did would be the Wednesday recruitment team, mr paxo,could he be trusted to recruit the right players.

Enough's enough's now Bassett !!!!! Please stop predicting !!!!

3 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Im a strong advocate for managers being left to do what they are paid to do. Potential recruitment should be carried out by managers and the assistant manager, with the assistance of whoever in the club is responsible for negotiations.

I don't believe in directors of football or recruitment assistants. In my own opinion, recruiting people in such roles is simply exposing the manager as not good enough.

There is way too much interference in recruitment these days, be it agents contacting clubs and touting players, or additional staff being recruited as advisors to the board. What happened to old fashioned scouts? These guys reported to managers and the managers compiled their own list of targets.  United are said to still conduct business this way, but agents are still trying to tout players....which I believe has ultimately led to losing out on certain targets.

To be fair Uniteds recruiting for this season has been awful and will probably lead to relegation, its not a flawless concept but it is preferable.

13 hours ago, Jen17 said:

Enough's enough's now Bassett !!!!! Please stop predicting !!!!

Not a Wednesday fan but I'm with you on this one Jen17.

9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

To be fair Uniteds recruiting for this season has been awful and will probably lead to relegation, its not a flawless concept but it is preferable.

You don't say. On the face of it recruitment has been poor, very poor. Who knows, Brewster may  come good next season in the Championship but it struck me as a panic buy. I've nothing to say about the two Derby recruits at £5 million each. I've not seen anything of United this season despite being a season ticket holder, can't watch empty stadiums and canned crowd noise on tv , soul destroying.

On 17/12/2020 at 07:53, Ridgewalk said:

You don't say. On the face of it recruitment has been poor, very poor. Who knows, Brewster may  come good next season in the Championship but it struck me as a panic buy. I've nothing to say about the two Derby recruits at £5 million each. I've not seen anything of United this season despite being a season ticket holder, can't watch empty stadiums and canned crowd noise on tv , soul destroying.

We have a paper thin squad and the truth is that the top clubs have lads who don't even make the bench (or only just make the bench) who are better than our first team starters. 

It's tough, but that's life.  When we played Arsenal, they brought a player on from the bench, who had cost them 73 million quid and who wasn't even a starter.

We can't compete with that, just a fact of life.

Still too early to tell with Brewster, but we know he can score in the Championship, and after watching "Goals on Quest" most weekends, there is nothing in the Championship stopping us coming straight back up, if we go down.