Zoom Help Please

My small organisation has a paid account in the name of the Chief Exec.

Can we arrange it so that other colleagues can set up meetings, so the CEO doesn't have to do it herself. We don't need more than one meeting at once so I think we should only need one licence.

Thanks

The easiest way is just to share the CEO's Zoom username and password with whoever will be scheduling meetings.

Other than that - looking on the zoom management page, it looks like you have to have individual licences for other people to be able to access it - I'm no expert on Zoom though so happy to be corrected.

zoom.jpg

Edited by whiteowl

The CEO of an organisation we deal with has shared their username and password. However, as you say yours is a small organisation, can the individuals not create their own free accounts as you are allowed meetings up to 40 minutes long with up to 100 attendees?

3 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Really? I thought it was 20 minutes.

No, it's 40 minutes and there are ways to get round this too. Google is your friend.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, the 40 minutes limit is too short for us just to use a personal account.

I know you have free or paid-for accounts in Zoom, and in the paid accounts, I think there is a distinctions between users (who must have a paid-for licence) and admins who just do the work of setting up meetings etc. But I'm not quite sure how all this actually works.

Of course just sharing our CEO's account login should work but there might be a better way,

You don't have to use Zoom - just create your own meeting room at https:meet.jit.si - give it an obscure name and an obscure password. Warning if you use the Lobby function, other users won't be able to attend the meeting unless they contact you to be let in so you may not want to use the lobby function but it is available. Once you have created your meeting room just notify others - and it's free! (And unlike Teams I can share both my monitors!)