Christmas Shopping Madness

We've decided that it'll be just the two of us over Christmas.  Saves a lot of bother about which bubble / bubbles to join,  etc. 

We're actually, looking forward to a bit of quiet time, just us, a few drinks & the telly. 

If she gets fed up with me or vice versa, I'll log on to SF & bother you lot. 

3 hours ago, Padders said:

🍺  🍺  🍺  🍻  🍻  🍻  🥂  🥂  🥂  🍹  🍹  🍸  🍸  🍷  🍷  🍷

Happy to oblige, stay safe and enjoy yourselves.

Flippin heck,  that round must have cost you a few  Quid.   :hihi:

6 hours ago, Padders said:

🍺  🍺  🍺  🍻  🍻  🍻  🥂  🥂  🥂  🍹  🍹  🍸  🍸  🍷  🍷  🍷

Happy to oblige, stay safe and enjoy yourselves.

Thanks Pads ............   that'll do me for one night   🤣   Where's everybody elses ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas in our house is non existant this year.  No trimmings, no tree, I cannot see the point, it will be just a normal day for us.  Usually we've got a full house on Christmas day but this year we've all decided to stay in our own homes.  We've all made so many sacrifices this year why possibly throw it all away for one day.  It's also our wedding anniversary on Boxing Day and we normally celebrate it at our daughter's house with family but not this year.   Does it bother us ?     NO ...  we love our family so much,  it's not worth the risk.

We had our golden wedding anniversary just at the end of the first lock-down but, we stayed by ourselves, no cake etc., just cards and phone calls.

We have mothers in their 90's who we're not seeing (one  who's 97 n a care home who is better in health than the rest of us) ,children and grandchildren we haven't seen since March but, we're safe and they're all working and at school/college so life is going on.

At the outset of all the Covid-19 malarkey we said that if we all get through it without health issues and the family members still have jobs we couldn't wish for anything more.

We're not there yet until we're all vaccinated and the coast is clear but, missing one Christmas for the sake of keeping everyone safe is a small price to pay.

God bless us each and everyone as someone once said!

Regards,

Duffems 😷

Both myself and my partner work in a school. We are having a quiet Christmas at home with our children this year. We can't risk putting the elderly members of our family at risk. Between us we come into contact with hundreds of children each day. Many our colleagues are doing the same.

My daughter has said my wife and I must self isolate for 5 days before xmas if we want to spend the day with them.That is to protect our autistic grandson.

My wife couldn't take  the isolation so it looks as if we will be at home,  which will upset her too.

Edited by davyboy

On 11/12/2020 at 13:47, Baron99 said:

We've decided that it'll be just the two of us over Christmas.  Saves a lot of bother about which bubble / bubbles to join,  etc. 

We're actually, looking forward to a bit of quiet time, just us, a few drinks & the telly. 

If she gets fed up with me or vice versa, I'll log on to SF & bother you lot. 

Good for you. Enjoy your quiet time.

I'm waiting for a new Government infomercial - now there's an annoying 'new' word! - along the lines of "be sensible this Xmas and you'll have a better chance of seeing another..."

(You can spend some time thinking of some more Uxbridge definitions! 😉 )

We normally go to family for Christmas,  but like many on here we've decided to keep it simple this year, just the two of us.  We all know that's what's happening, and our priorities are that everyone keeps safe and well if at all possible.

On 10/12/2020 at 23:40, Longcol said:

Agree.

Shouldn't we have a big party on SF at Christmas? Padders can get the (virtual) drinks in.

Sounds good-but can we have a non virtual drink- I’ll pay for my own!