Time To Hoard, Panic Buy?

On 14/12/2020 at 11:35, geared said:

Piece on Sky news this morning literally said expect shortages of fresh fruit and veg for till Spring.

There's been a workaround of sorts. Lufthasa is delivering 80 tonnes of food to Doncaster airport on Wednesday. It's unclear whether that is today or next Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55424448

Edited by Janus
Link

15 minutes ago, Janus said:

There's been a workaround of sorts. Lufthasa is delivering 80 tonnes of food to Doncaster airport on Wednesday. It's unclear whether that is today or next Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55424448

Think it was today 

44 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

😀

Depends if it’s full of chips and beer

Have they completed the Great Yorkshire Way all the way from the M18 to the airport yet - or do you still have to turn south down the Great North Road (A638) and off along Hurst Lane?

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

Have they completed the Great Yorkshire Way all the way from the M18 to the airport yet - or do you still have to turn south down the Great North Road (A638) and off along Hurst Lane?

The new road is up and running. Not that I use the airport, but it makes it quicker for me  to get to Yorkshire Wildlife Park.

On 23/12/2020 at 00:43, Longcol said:

From the perspective of someone living in France, I'm doing my best to hoard whatever UK beer I can get my hands on - especially a decent IPA as I think the French seem to think IPA means "Include Prussic Acid" - at best most tastes like it's been brewed  using rusty nails.

Have a decent stock of Brewdog Punk and Dead Pony Club. Will be clearing it from the shelves again next week.

I’m the opposite. I can wander down to Triplepoint or Abbeydale brewery and buy mini kegs of good beer for a reasonable price any time I like.

I’ve been stockpiling decent Bordeaux instead. 

24 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Doncaster Sheffield Airport is in the news yesterday/today, as a landing point for Lufthansa air-freight flights circumventing the French 'blockade'. See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55424448

1. It isn’t a blockade.

2. See post 40.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Doncaster Sheffield Airport is in the news yesterday/today, as a landing point for Lufthansa air-freight flights circumventing the French 'blockade'. See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55424448

Get a grip Jeffrey. After the UK Prime Minister told the UK population nearest the port of Dover not to move around the country France temporarily closed the border so it could analyse what what happening and plan accordingly. By the time you'd made your 'blockade' post they had not only reopened the border but sent a team of French firefighters over with 10,000 covid testing kits to help eliminate the backlog.

2 hours ago, altus said:

Get a grip Jeffrey. After the UK Prime Minister told the UK population nearest the port of Dover not to move around the country France temporarily closed the border so it could analyse what what happening and plan accordingly. By the time you'd made your 'blockade' post they had not only reopened the border but sent a team of French firefighters over with 10,000 covid testing kits to help eliminate the backlog.

In that time, they’d also been party to the finalisation of the EU/U.K. trade agreement.

Totally unrelated of course.

Edited by Pettytom