Sign in to follow this  

Almost Time To Say Goodbye.

Almost time to say goodbye to our much loved pet dog.

She's very elderly (18), and though she doesn't seem to be in that much pain, she's very frail, wobbly in her walking motion, wets a lot, and other age related issues. Also starting to lose her appetite. She has some days better than others; so it's a hard decision, when the right time is to call in the vet to help her along her way?..

We're debating if to have a home visit from a local end of life vet; just to avoid the stress of a final visit to the vets (which she's not at all keen on at the best of times). Wondering if, with Covid, that would still be an option; and if so, any recommendations? We're in the S12 area.

Thank you.

Edited by Waldo

I know this is an old post, and I'm so sorry to read about your dog, but was just wondering how you got on and what choice you made.❤️

On 10/01/2021 at 17:42, PizzaSlice said:

I know this is an old post, and I'm so sorry to read about your dog, but was just wondering how you got on and what choice you made.❤️

We used a local company, The Travelling Vet. They were very good. Came out to our home etc, so our pet was in familiar surrounds, and at ease. Would recommend them.