Why Is Coloured Not Respectful?

There may also be a national element to the European football situation.

Different nations regard colour in different ways. I understand that, in Brazil, if you have one drop of white blood in you you are regarded at white and its only the 100% black people who are 'black'. In the UK the situation seems to me to be the reverse. Perhaps someone on here can put me right on this.

This colonial fragility called Racism is becoming really stupid!

The most dangerous game in the future will be the chess.

Firstly a Istanbul player gets tackled and the foul does not go Istanbul's way. Seeing this Deemba Ba gets angry on the bench and starts yelling , so like any other ref the 4 official was ordered to give demba ba a red. Now one key detail is that the 4 official is Romanian and does not speak fluent English , also Demba ba was sitting on the bench with 6-8 white guys . The 4 official , trying to identify Demba ba in the group said "You the black guy " in Romanian , the phrase has the n- word in it. After hearing the word Demba Ba got really ****** and started shooting at the official and said he used a racist remark. The ref was confused and nervous and the players were not listening to his reply. In all this  was a big misunderstanding between perspective and language. In all honesty Demba Ba should have been calm and patient and atleast tried hearing the ref out and the 4 official should have known better not to say that as people will get offended.

Basaksehir’s Cameroonian assistant coach Pierre Webo was shown a red card.

Black in Romainian is 'Negru'

4 hours ago, frigate said:

This colonial fragility called Racism is becoming really stupid!

The most dangerous game in the future will be the chess.

Firstly a Istanbul player gets tackled and the foul does not go Istanbul's way. Seeing this Deemba Ba gets angry on the bench and starts yelling , so like any other ref the 4 official was ordered to give demba ba a red. Now one key detail is that the 4 official is Romanian and does not speak fluent English , also Demba ba was sitting on the bench with 6-8 white guys . The 4 official , trying to identify Demba ba in the group said "You the black guy " in Romanian , the phrase has the n- word in it. After hearing the word Demba Ba got really ****** and started shooting at the official and said he used a racist remark. The ref was confused and nervous and the players were not listening to his reply. In all this  was a big misunderstanding between perspective and language. In all honesty Demba Ba should have been calm and patient and atleast tried hearing the ref out and the 4 official should have known better not to say that as people will get offended.

There is very little in your post that is actually correct.

You can’t get Demba Ba’s name right. He didn’t get red carded either.

You haven’t even mentioned Pierre Webo.

There was no misunderstanding, it was a crass piece of racism from a FIFA official. 

And then you suggest that the players should just put up with it. How wrong can you get,

Edited by Pettytom

On 09/12/2020 at 22:18, Flanker7 said:

There may also be a national element to the European football situation.

Different nations regard colour in different ways. I understand that, in Brazil, if you have one drop of white blood in you you are regarded at white and its only the 100% black people who are 'black'. In the UK the situation seems to me to be the reverse. Perhaps someone on here can put me right on this.

many people in the middle east call africans "slaves" when it is translated to English... shockingly everyone is used to it and it became kinda a nickname for a tough black person (in a good way) lol... this is why i feel bad for the referee... all he did is referring to the skin colour of a person for identification... same like calling someone a redhead or an asian person... I'm sure he never meant to insult anyone... I'm wondering why all these people attacking the referee?... maybe most of them are just trying to be politically correct lol.

On 08/12/2020 at 21:09, El Cid said:

We still call Gypsies the same, or should it be Travellers or Romani?

I recall reading that the word 'gypsy' derived from 'Egyptian', on the basis of their (supposed) originating there.

Is that plausible?

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

17 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

I recall reading that the word 'gypsy' derived from 'Egyptian', on the basis of their (supposed) originating there.

Is that plausible?

Plenty of online dictionaries with the etymology of the word.

Replacing "supposed" in your post with "incorrectly assumed" seems to be closer to the mark.

In American films and series shown on TV, the words Caucasion and Gringo are frequently used, not heard of any censoring or warnings given here.