Premium Bonds.

@Thirsty Relic

I still don't know if you have spoken to anyone at nsandi. I don't know if you have tried to reach them-they are taking a while to answer  the phone, which adds to the frustration.

You really need to talk to them to sort things out.

48 minutes ago, Janus said:

@Thirsty Relic

I still don't know if you have spoken to anyone at nsandi. I don't know if you have tried to reach them-they are taking a while to answer  the phone, which adds to the frustration.

You really need to talk to them to sort things out.

People can't get through - they'll just wait until their deadline passes - and then its too late!

But what about yourself-have you spoke to them?  The  poor service of  long wait times on the phone  is frustrating. 

If there are lots of people calling they could put more staff on. I think the delays are intentional to prevent  customers from accessing their funds.

Anyway, here is the number in case you need it:

Any prizes I win buy more bonds. I'd love to hold the maximum, amd the only way that could happen would be to have a really big win!

insisting on giving bank details is not something a lot of older people would be familiar or comfortable with.   Many still draw out their pensions every week at the post office. 

I tried to register for online services    

and, tantalisingly, got to the page where my account number was issued, as I reached for my pen the page disappeared (?timed out)  To provide email address/contact details you have to log back in after registration, to log back in you need registration number. If you’ve not got the number you can click the link and receive instructions sent to the email address you’ve not been able to provide. Try and ring them and wait time of 45 minutes. Think I might just cash the buggers in and have a jolly post vaccination 

How will you cash them in if you cannot get in touch  with them?

7 hours ago, Janus said:

How will you cash them in if you cannot get in touch  with them?

They do have a postal address so I could invest in a stamp

When I was 21 my present from my boss was £25 of premium bonds in the 40years I have had them I have won £50

NS&I: Answers demanded by MPs for customers' anxiety and complaints.

An influential committee of MPs has ordered Premium Bonds operator NS&I to account for the "anxiety" it has caused customers.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55410164

On 22/11/2020 at 00:29, Baron99 said:

Well if you search around, look for the right account & are prepared to lock your money away for a few years, you could get a decent return in an account.  Just don't look to the familiar High Street banks. 

I've got around £5k of bonds & don't recall winning at all in the past few years, even then it was only the £25 or £50 prizes.  I reckon I've had a better return in the National Lottery & betting on the Irish Lotto. 

I'm the opposite of you, I've invested quite a bit in shares since COVID-19 hit & the stock market bottomed out around April.  If I sell on Monday, I'll be quids in but I'm going to hold the lot until the pandemic's well & truely over.  One of the shares was Wetherspoons.  They dipped from over £17 to below £6.  I got into them at £6 & now they're sitting at over £10, No rush to sell, just sit on them until they hit £17.

There's always money to be made on the Stock Market of you do your homework / research.  

Think I've got summat wrong here, but it seems Wetherspoons shares are trading at £696.

Surely not.........

Sorry my mistake.........£6-96.

Edited by Padders
mistake

Now it looks like you have bumped that just to rub it in they havent risen very far. You evil man.

38 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Now it looks like you have bumped that just to rub it in they havent risen very far. You evil man.

I genuinely thought they were £696.

Then realized almost immediately where I'd gone wrong..

What happened was, I was searching for summat else and came across Barons post by accident...

Put Tele on and checked his shares..