Hollinsend Rd Shops

Does any one have a list of the little shops which existed during the 60's and 70's between the Royal Oak and Ridgeway Road , any links to photo's would be appreciated

I can only remember the chippy on the left hand side going up. Can't remember the name though. 

22 minutes ago, sammo sparks said:

I can only remember the chippy on the left hand side going up. Can't remember the name though. 

There was a chippy on the right hand side going up. On the corner of Stanhope Road, Mrs Green's I think.

The chippy I remember was in the middle of a row of terraced houses going up Hollinsend Road before Gleadless School.

Ended up a Chinese I think.

There's a row of newish bungalows there now.

Edited by sammo sparks
Remembered something

The chippy on the left hand side going up was Furniss's . Greens chippy was actually on the bend on Stanhope Road. I think it was the only one in the area that opened on a Saturday night. I think there was a sweet shop / grocers on right hand side going up at corner of Stanhope Road. No idea what it was called. 

I can remember the one on corner of Stanhope Road and also when i was at Gleadless school,i left in 59,there was a small shop opposite the bottom of Croft Road . 

The grocers on the corner of Stanhope road was  Alf  Chambers.  On the opposite corner was a butcher called Fred Willy.   Going further up towards the school there was an Off-Licence on the left at the top of the brow of the hill   Opposite the school was a field where a a man kept his horse and he had a building alongside the road where he stored his fruit and veg.    There was also a fruit and veg shop  between  the Methodist Chapel  and Stanhope road but I don't know the name.   I also remember a fish n chip shop on the left in the row of terrace houses