Old House Next To Bakery, Walkley 1950s - 60s

3 hours ago, kris99 said:

Do you know if the house was in view? I remember the Gamble family but not Stephanie. I can see the family now mum, dad and a girl.  This was in the 50's and knew they lived  about there but thought it was a flat above Sellars' bakery. Told you it was a hazy memory. I can't picture a house at all just the steps and the spare piece of land.

Fascinated now  I'll have to try to find pictures perh

aps Picture Sheffield.

Hi kris, the house was taller than other properties, it was on the main road on the end of the row, 

with the Bakery next to it. Stephnie (no a )  was just with her Mum. Have looked on Picture Sheff.

Thanks.

On 23/11/2020 at 20:36, Heartshome said:

Hi kris, the house was taller than other properties, it was on the main road on the end of the row, 

with the Bakery next to it. Stephnie (no a )  was just with her Mum. Have looked on Picture Sheff.

Thanks.

Looked on google maps and found it.  Large house side of what was Sellars' bakery.  Remember it now which is not surprising as I passed it daily for 20 years.  

3 hours ago, kris99 said:

Looked on google maps and found it.  Large house side of what was Sellars' bakery.  Remember it now which is not surprising as I passed it daily for 20 years.  

That's great kris.  What address would it have been please, so I can look on Google Maps to compare, and

send a picture to Steph as she's not got a computer. She will be pleased to know you found it, it's been

niggling her for ages.  A BIG THANKYOU to you. Heartshome.

It's 194 Howard Road.  Shows Sellars' old shop as possibly fancy goods shop. 

5 hours ago, kris99 said:

It's 194 Howard Road.  Shows Sellars' old shop as possibly fancy goods shop. 

Thanks I found it on Google, but house is only 2 storey, she said it was 3 . I think she maybe 'thought' it was unless it went to

a lower floor at the back. I'll send her a picture anyway. Thanks very much.

Hi kris, sent the picture to Steph. she has just called me to say it is NOT the one, but she thanks you for trying for her.

The BIG HOUSE was on the end on the 'Left' of the row, with the Bakery on it's right. So it would be the opposite way

on the road to your one on Howard Rd.  Do thankyou for helping though.