Christmas Logo Competition 2020

We are bringing the legendary Christmas logo competition back to Sheffield Forum! 

The rules are simple: create a logo in the below format and we will show logo's on rotation in place of the Sheffield Forum logo throughout December. 

- We have the current entries rotating on the logo banner now 🙂

- Multiple entries are allowed if you wish to enter more than once! 

- You can send in any format you like (a photo, a scan of a drawing etc) we will fix it to fit the dimensions

- We will open a poll on Tuesday 15th December (one week today!) to give the members an opportunity to vote for their favourite! We will keep this poll up for 24 hours and announce the 3 winners on Thursday 17th December. 

Competition entries are in with a chance of winning a Sheffield city centre gift card, perfect to spend at independents for Christmas:

https://www.sheffieldgiftcard.co.uk/ 

1st Prize: £50 voucher

2nd Prize: £25 voucher

3rd Prize: £10 voucher 

Please email your entry to: office@sheffieldforum.co.uk (including your username!)

Any questions relating to the competition, please let us know in the thread below.

We will announce the winners on Thursday 17th December, entries close Tuesday 15th December.

Good luck! 

18 hours ago, jennybongo said:

Could you link to the previous winners please?  

It was before the forum changed to InVision from vBulletin, and I'm not sure that it's possible to display them after the change.

I'm looking forward to seeing some cheerfulness around the place after the pretty horrible year we've all been having :)

Hmmm... :huh:

... I see you're only wanting file formats of type PNG or Jpeg.

I don't suppose there's any chance you might also accept animated Gifs like SF has done in the past is there, so that those of us with a particular weakness for a bit of animated nonsense might be tempted back out of retirement?

I realise file size could be a problem, but would be happy to give it a go within any reasonable file size limit you decide.  :)

14 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I see you're only wanting file formats of type PNG or Jpeg.

I don't suppose there's any chance you might also accept animated Gifs like SF has done in the past is there, so that those of us with a particular weakness for a bit of animated nonsense might be tempted back out of retirement?

I realise file size could be a problem, but would be happy to give it a go within any reasonable file size limit you decide.  :)

Hi there, I'm sure that can be done - looking forward to seeing GIF entry! :)

7 hours ago, SFBeca said:

Hi there, I'm sure that can be done - looking forward to seeing GIF entry! :)

Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Thanks for that... I'll see what I can come up with! :D

2 hours ago, enntee said:

Not much point in those of us without animation skills/software bothering, then.

No point for us expatriates either.

Why offer a prize that can only be spent in Sheffield?

Lots of members like myself still look in regularly to keep in touch with our home city news.

I ain’t spending 50 quid in diesel driving 200 miles from Wales to spend a voucher worth...£50.

8 hours ago, enntee said:

Not much point in those of us without animation skills/software bothering, then.

Why would you think that? We have received lovely entries that aren't animated so far... 

6 hours ago, Allen said:

No point for us expatriates either.

Lots of members like myself still look in regularly to keep in touch with our home city news.

I ain’t spending 50 quid in diesel driving 200 miles from Wales to spend a voucher worth...£50.

We wanted a prize that can be spent on independents in and around the city.

The cards are valid for one year also, so if you are in Sheffield in the next year can make use of it.. 

I would imagine some of the independant shops also have websites where the gift cards could be spent :)

13 hours ago, enntee said:

That's the spirit.

16 hours ago, Allen said:

Maybe because it's SHEFFIELD forum?

Kinda akes sense to me....

21 hours ago, enntee said:

It all depends on who is choosing the winner and what that person finds attractive/endearing/funny doesn't it?  In the past it's not been automatically the most 'professional' logo that's won; some of the more 'home made' ones have always been my thing (I choose hand made and individual over perfect and impersonal every time).

I don't know who is choosing and what their criteria will be though, at the moment. 

Give it a go- brighten up the place!