Fairytale Of New York. Lyrics

Reminds me of a few years ago when someone wanted the Welsh RFU to ban people from singing 'Delilah' when Wales played their internationals because it glorified violence towards women.   Thought at the time, good look stopping 70,000+ men & WOMEN from singing along to that. 

Can someone remind me if we can still walk on the wild side?

1 minute ago, YoungWilf said:

I was Born to be Wild which is why I Walk this Way.💃

30 minutes ago, YoungWilf said:

Probably - with Lola.  Girls and Boys blur together. 

The BBC are obviously desperate for attention to save their dying empire, absolutely ludicrous this when you see some of the lyrics of songs they are playing.

Happy birthday will be next to go if its left to the BBC & the snowflakes,  they'll say it implies that everyones happy when that's not the case!, defund the BBC 

i am of a age when they used to ban singles by a certain band and then it went straight to no1 as you couldnt hear it on the  radio,made the band ect fortunes  and it was only naughty nursery rhymes  as well,we looked forward to hearing judge dread and old mother ? ,good times

Be interesting to see what a bit of distance does. Let's say that in about 5 years all Christmas compilations released will include the tampered-with version. That's all younger people will ever hear. Will it, to them, still be a glorious song and be voted a top Xmas number in a decade or so?

Will the lyrics even matter or will the overall feel of the song be the nostalgia point?

On 19/11/2020 at 15:30, Pettytom said:

I can’t link to the tweet on here, well, not if I want to keep my account. So you’ll have to go and find this yourselves.

Laurence Fox has launched a predictable campaign to get the original to number one. The Pogues official reply is priceless.

It seems that they aren’t too troubled by this.

I'm a bit late to the party, as per usual.

Read about the spat on the Mail Online site. 

The reader's comments are hilarious. :hihi:

Radio edits have been made of many songs for years now - so they can even get played at all.  

Oh for goodness sake , this is getting so ridiculous now . BBC really get on my nerves . 

Edited by nikki-red

Thought this would be the best thread to put this in?  It's on similar lines. 

The classic song "It's Raining Men" beloved by groups of women having a good night out, (can I get away with such a generalisation?  Of course I can.  I identify as a male / man; subsection, 'Bloke' & as such you're not allowed to challenge my view..... so there!), has had its lyrics change to "It's Raining Them" to be inclusive, order to include all pronouns. 

It doesn't really make any sense now does it?  "It's Raining Them" sounds like a theme tune to a alien invasion film. 

What next?  Chaka Khan reworking her classic to "I'm Every Chest Feeder"?  I think I've got the terminology right or maybe I've not got the latest email? 

Edited by Baron99