No New Petrol Or Diesel Cars After 2030-Will There Be A U Turn?

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Cast your mind back to those halcyon days,  Anna, without the rose-tinted specs. ONE of those buses - probably carrying two passengers (on some routes) created about as much pollution as 30 of todays' fleet .

Actually, I'm looking forward. 

A good, reliable electric public transport system would take a lot of cars off the road, and I believe it will be needed when the cost of electric cars forces a lot of motorists off the road.

7 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

You can do a quick charge (10% to 80%) on a Nissan Leaf  in 40 minutes.

Get it down to less than 5 and people might then be interested. 

Until such time, most professional drivers and business travellers don't have 40 minutes to spend in their day waiting for a "quick" charge. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

43 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Get it down to less than 5 and people might then be interested. 

Until such time, most professional drivers and business travellers don't have 40 minutes to spend in their day waiting for a "quick" charge. 

Tesla V3 superchargers are doing about that 5min for 75 miles.

There was about 20 getting installed at Fleet services on the M3, not sure if they’re V3 or not. Here’s a picture. (Not mine)

Kia/Hyundai are doing super hyper charging thing which they hope will charge at similar speeds. Can’t find a link for that one but read it recently. Reps and big vans going up and down motorways  are the biggest challenges, not daily commutes.

So these chargers are on motorway services,were do I plug my car in when I am not near a road.

18 minutes ago, speleo1 said:

So these chargers are on motorway services,were do I plug my car in when I am not near a road.

Where are you if you aren’t near a road?

24 minutes ago, speleo1 said:

Where do you drive it if not near a road? 

3 minutes ago, speleo1 said:

On a walk way off the road

It’s late, Im finding this harder than I should and apologise. What do you mean by a walkway? A pavement? You won’t be parking on those in near future - the government are banning parking on them. If you mean a drive way, you can just charge it from your house I’d have thought.

Do you mean something else?

I am not on about driving it,was asking were would I plug into electric when my house is not near a road nearest carpark  2/3 mins away from house

2 minutes ago, speleo1 said:

I am not on about driving it,was asking were would I plug into electric when my house is not near a road nearest carpark  2/3 mins away from house

I’m struggling here. Where do you park your car now?

Tinfoilhat

Our row off houses is a pathway only outside our house is grass bank, no road except communal carpark 2/3 mins away

Tinfoil hat Communal carpark

Just now, speleo1 said:

Tinfoilhat

Our row off houses is a pathway only outside our house is grass bank, no road except communal carpark 2/3 mins away

I get you, I think. Quite a few new builds don’t have parking in the traditional way, just a parking area. Residents club together and get something installed I’d guess - or would the landowner/landlord/developer put something in? 

Electric vehicles and charging have come on leaps and bounds over the last 10 years so I don’t doubt somebody will have an idea how to get round something like this.