Welcome Tony Pulis

9 hours ago, EaglesCP said:

The Tony Pulis strategy is hoof and hope. Not the most imaginative coach. He has experience in keeping teams up on a small budget, but he isn't the man to take Weds up to the "promised land".

If I was Dipjhon I wouldn't have pulled the trigger. I'd have brought in a head of recruitment or DoF above Monk.

He had Charlie Adam and Glenn Whelan in midfield at Stoke, how did that tactic fit in with those two?

On 18/11/2020 at 13:36, EaglesCP said:

The Tony Pulis strategy is hoof and hope. Not the most imaginative coach. He has experience in keeping teams up on a small budget, but he isn't the man to take Weds up to the "promised land".

If I was Dipjhon I wouldn't have pulled the trigger. I'd have brought in a head of recruitment or DoF above Monk.

There's a thousand options before I'd choose this one.

Everybody and their mother knows what style of (anti) football Pulis’s teams play . Absolutely no problem at all when you’re winning games . Different story though when you’re not .

On 18/11/2020 at 22:39, Brooker11 said:

He had Charlie Adam and Glenn Whelan in midfield at Stoke, how did that tactic fit in with those two?

I mean, it was the style they used for that side. How well it fit... well, they were comfortable that they wouldn't be relegated, it was a sturdy ship but no more than that. He only got a year at Palace (before left of his own accord) but the game plan was the same.

As Atticus says, it works until it doesn't.

i think with us, hes got a blank canvas to a degree,as we dont have any great skill to turn /change a game,re-forward line ,we have a top man in rhodes,but he needs a certain game style to score,will he do that or build a new front line up?,what ever he decides i believe will depend on what ever happens between now and jan,then it will depend on whats available ,or they could just hope to stay up and re-build in the summer,i believe we should do a wolves idea sign the top players on loan,but no contract unless they get you up.

Id say the first thing hed have noticed about us is that we dont have any combative players,were very lightweight,the likes of Reach and Bannan arent TPs type of player.I can see him moving Iorfa into a CM role and looking for a similar type of player to go alongside him.

Wouldnt have thought hed be too impressed by our defenders either,although zonal marking will suit Borner whose done well since his comeback,though hes far from sturdy