Can A Site Block Me.

Try their sister site - carparts4less

They also have ebay stores if you're after something from them.

Edited by alchresearch

Had one or two problems with some sites when using VPN.  Netflix was is one example, logged in but would not  play a film, just got spinning circle until turned VPN off.  Presume it’s because you cannot be identified as legitimate user but only assuming as cannot be bothered to spend more time researching.  Doesn’t matter as works with it off.

Can you access it from your mobile phone on the same network? That will verify if it's an issue with your computer or not.

1 hour ago, PipeTenLTD said:

Can you access it from your mobile phone on the same network? That will verify if it's an issue with your computer or not.

You obviously didn't read the thread, as they said it worked on their phone....  we're way past this point on the thread now...

23 hours ago, Long Ago said:

Had one or two problems with some sites when using VPN.  Netflix was is one example, logged in but would not  play a film, just got spinning circle until turned VPN off.  Presume it’s because you cannot be identified as legitimate user but only assuming as cannot be bothered to spend more time researching.  Doesn’t matter as works with it off.

VPNs still have a set of IPs so Netflix can block a particular VPN if they choose to.

On 15/11/2020 at 19:59, the_bloke said:

It *is* possible for a site to block access by IP address; the most common reason would be to restrict access to IP ranges used by malicious actors, or ranges from certain geographical locations. If you don't have a static IP address, turn your router off for a few hours and turn it on again so it picks up a new IP address from your ISP and try again.

Tried this by turning of router for around 10 hours and still the problem exists. 

I will ask the provider which is Virgin to change the IP, which  I'm sure should sort the problem.

Big thanks for all the advise. 

5 hours ago, Erin said:

Tried this by turning of router for around 10 hours and still the problem exists. 

I will ask the provider which is Virgin to change the IP, which  I'm sure should sort the problem.

Big thanks for all the advise. 

If it's virgin, you are pretty much given the same IP address throughout - mine hasn't changed in about 6 years or so, even through outages and router/modem reboots etc...

All you can do is turn it off over night, and hope it gives you a new IP in the morning when you next log-on (although doubful) and as far as i'm aware, phoning them won't help as they won't/can't change your IP address..

All they will say is turn it off for 4 hours and you "might" get a new IP...

What you could do, is log in to your VM Router/Modem admin page and go to "Admin" and "Info" (at least on my Hub 3.0) in there you will see "IPv4 lease time" and "IPv4 lease expire"

If you want the IP to change, you would need to make sure your router is turned OFF, before this expiry time/date, and then turn it back on a few hours after... But this still won't guarantee an IP change, it will just give you the best chance...

Edited by Ghozer