Peter Sutcliffe - The Yorkshire Ripper Is Dead.

10 hours ago, charliewag said:

Sutcliffe actually visited Sheffield quite regularly. Where Grenoside crematorium is now the site was a freight company called Lep Air Services. A friend who worked there dealt with Sutcliffe, who was a lorry driver, on a regular basis unaware he was chatting and joking with a mass murderer.

Hello Charliewag.

My point was more to do with as far as we know, this was the first time he'd come over to commit murder.

Other posts on here state that he chose the site for the attempted murder i'm sure this is wrong and that  it was his intended victim with her local knowledge that chose Melbourne Avn. 

Not taking anything away from the Police for catching Sutcliffe but even they admitted  it was no more than a routine stop which wasn't unusual in that area at the time. 

Another Working girl had already turned him down (if reports at the time are to believed) because she didn't feel safe with him and as i said both Staff and customers at the Little Mesters had already contacted the police because of their concerns.

Dark Days

I'm disgusted the media is dedicating so much time to this person. What about the families of his victims having to see the story covered over and over again. Let's have a little more respect shown to them.

There are more important issues at the moment rather than to cover a story which is over 30 years old.

1 hour ago, forgeman said:

I'm disgusted the media is dedicating so much time to this person. What about the families of his victims having to see the story covered over and over again. Let's have a little more respect shown to them.

There are more important issues at the moment rather than to cover a story which is over 30 years old.

Hello Forgeman.

The present story isn't 30 years old and from what iv'e seen there has been no glorification of this mans crimes.

Although Sheffield was never directly affected by any of his murders they were very dark days back then.

Women would have their  partners collect them from work and going out alone at night was a definite No No.

I get your concerns over the Families of the Victims but like all history is something that shouldn't not be talked about or forgotten.

Keep safe

Glad he’s dead, but SF has out done itself arguing the toss on what street he was arrested on!

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Glad he’s dead, but SF has out done itself arguing the toss on what street he was arrested on!

Bollards -

don't forget the Bollards Tinfoil - lol

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think it’s because after watching it on the news every night, and it kept saying Leeds, then Wearside Jack, we were all astonished when it came up on a news flash that he had been found in Sheffield. ! ( Next road to my moms flat! )

On 13/11/2020 at 09:16, Padders said:

What a shame !!!!

What difference does it make.

He still lived 40 yrs after capture and judging by some reports, most of the time inside Broadmoor was cushy.

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Hello Forgeman.

The present story isn't 30 years old and from what iv'e seen there has been no glorification of this mans crimes.

Although Sheffield was never directly affected by any of his murders they were very dark days back then.

Women would have their  partners collect them from work and going out alone at night was a definite No No.

I get your concerns over the Families of the Victims but like all history is something that shouldn't not be talked about or forgotten.

Keep safe

I agree the present story is new but why does everyone refer back to the original crimes of yesteryear.

42 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

What difference does it make.

He still lived 40 yrs after capture and judging by some reports, most of the time inside Broadmoor was cushy.

Your Broadmoor is cushy, the Krays had their own suit there,  bar, on suit bedroom, fitted kitchen. 

26 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Your Broadmoor is cushy, the Krays had their own suit there,  bar, on suit bedroom, fitted kitchen. 

So cushy he got stabbed in both eyes and nearly strangled there.

Only Ronnie Kray was in Broadmoor.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

9 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

So cushy he got stabbed in both eyes and nearly strangled there.

Only Ronnie Kray was in Broadmoor.

Most prisoners get attacked inside for one reason or another.

But the point being made by PRESELEY is that there remains a comfy return despite having committed atrocities.

3 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Most prisoners get attacked inside for one reason or another.

But the point being made by PRESELEY is that there remains a comfy return despite having committed atrocities.

Broadmoor isn’t a prison.