Rip Albert Quixall.

My boyhood hero, one of the best players to wear a blue and white shirt.

RIP Albert, thanks for the memories.

I remember him coming back to Hillsborough for an FA cup replay and playing Wednesday off the park in front of 63,000.

A time when his British record transfer fee was half a day's wages for Gareth Bale. A different world.

RIP Albert.

His grandson lived at Stannington at one time. Imagine your grandad with the surname of Quixall ! My sons had never heard of the famous footballer when they were friends with his grandson.

I was fortumate enough to see Albert play, but  for Man Utd.He left the Owls just as i started watching them, My friends elder brother was at Meynell Road school with him. R.I.P Albert   

Never saw him play as far as I can remember, but his reviews tell me all I need to know.

One of the finest.

R.I.P. Albert.

Condolences to family and friends.

14 hours ago, pattricia said:

His grandson lived at Stannington at one time. Imagine your grandad with the surname of Quixall ! My sons had never heard of the famous footballer when they were friends with his grandson.

Yeah I went to the same school as him - if it is the same one. Gary Quixall. 

Albert Quixall, my boyhood hero. My mind goes back to September 1958 ( I was 11yrs old) and I am lying in a hospital bed, recovering from an operation. It was visiting time and in walked my mum and dad. My dad had a copy of the  Sheffield Star under his arm. He looked at me and said "I'm not sure if I should let you see this". He then passed me the paper and the back page headlines said that Albert Quixall had signed for Man Utd for £45,000. I burst into tears and was inconsolable. My dad asked me if I was a ManUtd fan now. I thought for a moment, dried my tears and said " No chance Dad, up the owls".

R.I.P. Albert.