Road Works Opposite Moor Market Entrance

I see that the road" RIPPER UPPERS" have struck again ,this time outside and opposite the side entrance to sheffield moor market an absolute utter disgrace, what do visitors to Sheffield think? I know what i think but cant print it, these people should be fined a great deal of money and made to put it right A.S.A.P but knowing this council i doubt it will get done any time soon.This council know who they are and should be on ther backs till its done, so come on  Sheffield Council get off your nice comfy chair and do something about it,Oh and dont blame Corona Virus.Iam sick and tired of walking around this town  and finding holes dug in pavement and not being properly reinstated.

Edited by nikki-red

If the surface in question had some kind of stonework etc. on it (i.e. it wasn't just standard tarmac), then the way it usually works is, a private operator (water, gas, electric company etc.) comes in, digs the hole, does whatever they need to do, then fills the hole in with tarmac as a quick fix. Then the council and/or council contractor (i.e. Amey) comes along at a later date to fix the surface to the previous standard.

Forcing the private operators to leave it exactly how they found it as soon as they're done would indeed be the ideal scenario, but would probably require the council to be in possession of  a) Money and b) Legal enforcement  that it probably doesn't have.