Any Ideas Of What To Do With Unneeded Bedroom Furniture

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Probably means St Lukes Hospice charity shop in Crookes.

Yes, that’s what I meant.

Another shout for Emmaus. They collected some surplus items of furniture within a couple of days.

12 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Another shout for Emmaus. They collected some surplus items of furniture within a couple of days.

And another.  Excellent and friendly service.

Emmaus are great, but they won't take damaged furniture, as they won't be able to sell it.  The bed must have fire labels and mattress be clean and unmarked.  It's worth emailing them with photos first. We did that with some pieces last year. 

I don't think anyone has mentioned Sheffield Freegle. People advertise OFFERS and WANTED.

Everything changes hands for free.  It would seem there are people out there very much in need of furniture to furnish empty flats they have recently moved into and would be glad of pieces of furniture you want to get rid of.  If you are offering stuff, you need to describe it honestly so that people know what condition it's in.   I have had many opportunities in recent months to down size by following up WANTED adverts, to match what I'm trying to get rid of.  Worth your attention I think.

On 11/11/2020 at 18:52, DeZeus said:

I'm confused as most people move with removal men, taking their current contents to new address however,

If your discourged from paying to dispose of your items, you could advertise them on the Free section of SF?

Don't be confused my friend

Some people move to a smaller house/flat

Some people when they move take advantage and replace old furniture

On 11/11/2020 at 20:53, forgeman said:

Try St Vincents.  Below is from their web page.

Do you have unwanted furniture or household items? Your donation really can make a difference to someone less fortunate.

Our office is open Monday – Friday 8:30am -3:30pm   please call  0144 270 3990 to arrange a collection.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What forgeman said - that said we still have a bed waiting to be collected that had to be cancelled during the first lock-down.

On 11/11/2020 at 13:53, ordinaryman said:

Hi everyone

I am moving from my flat very soon and I have a double bed + wardrobe + chest of drawers + bedside table. They are not in a good condition so I cannot sell them. 

Do you have any idea what do with them? 

I could do with some stuff...

Need a Wardrobe and draws... my bed is also approaching it's last legs!! :D

Otherwise, charity shops and such :)