Elizabeth Edith Bond

Hello It's me again, I found a little bit of interest regarding my Grand parents old shop on Victoria road (Woodhouse) so now I want to try and trace my Mums side and any one who knew her or about her family, My Mum who was born Elizabeth Edith Bond, I believe she was born in Attercliffe some where, my Nan and Granddad where called Alice May Bond, and Clifford Bond, my Granddad sadly passed away before I was born, the rest of my mums family consisted of another 2 sister's Mary and Kathleen, and then 5 brother's Clifford, Frank, John, Richard, Eric was the youngest they moved away from Attercliffe when my mum was quite young around the age of 4, I'm going to hazard a guess that this was because of the slum clearance, they moved on to the newly  formed Flower Estate, Windmill lane to be exact, if any one knows of her or her family it would be great to hear from you and try and get an insight on how things were in the past cheers   

Edited by nikki-red

1939 Register, 460 Windmill Lane, Sheffield.

Clifford Bond, born 3 Oct 1904, Loader rolling mills, married.

Alice M. Bond, born 4 May 1909, domestic duties, married.

Two records closed.

Mary Bond (Grayson), born 24 Aug 1938.

Clifford is on the 1911 census at 2h 6ct Coleridge Road with his parents Richard (born Preston, Lancs) and Mary Ellen (born Sheffield).

Alice May is on the 1911 census at 20court 12house, Hammond St.  She is mith her mother Elizabeth Fletcher and her siblings.

Back in 1901, head of household is Walter James Fletcher born Royston, Yks.

WOW That is so interesting Moirahyde, where have you found that and does it tell you anymore, I'm a bit behind time when it comes to searching back like this but I am in your debt for just highlighting this lol cheers I take it with the Mention of Mary she must have been the first born at Windmill lane because my mum is the oldest and she was born in Attercliffe this I'm quite sure off once again thank you 

Edited by sparkymark
added more