Sheffield City Trust Awarded Funding From Governments Culture Recovery Fund

Sheffield City Trust is delighted to confirm that it has been awarded up to £2.243 million in funding from the Government’s Culture Recovery Fund.  

123254188_10158389432676077_425321955065 

The awarded grant is part of the Government’s £1.57 billion Culture Recovery Fund to help organisations survive the financial challenges caused by the Covid-19 crisis.

This money will be used to reduce the support subsidy required from Sheffield City Council and to continue to employ a small staff team at its entertainment venues. This will enable a strong programme of events and associated building alterations when they are able to re-open fully and organise safe, socially-distanced trial events in the meantime.

For further information visit https://www.flydsaarena.co.uk/latest-news/Sheffield-City-Trust-Awarded-Cultural-Recovery-Funds 

117713020_4375760062464932_1099438188438

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

Total waste of money.

no it isn't

5 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Total waste of money.

Why?

A vibrant performing arts scene is vital to any city, as are its galleries and museums, which this fund also supports.

Edited by Bargepole23

10 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Total waste of money.

Yeah, knock em all down and make car parks. I mean, how old is city hall now? Had it's day. There's enough live performances on the internet, we don't need any more.

12 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Total waste of money.

Waste of money, sorry don't agree

Will a good portion of the money be wastes/find it's way into certain councillors/MPs back pockets, it's a certainty. 

Thought they made loads redundant....probably kept the highest paid staff on and keep them on furlough?

6 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

Thought they made loads redundant....probably kept the highest paid staff on and keep them on furlough?

So you would furlough the management team, you know, those who administer the functions of the business, like wages and furlough? Keep the event workers and catering staff?

21 hours ago, Resident said:

Waste of money, sorry don't agree

Will a good portion of the money be wastes/find it's way into certain councillors/MPs back pockets, it's a certainty. 

Any evidence of that accusation?

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

So you would furlough the management team, you know, those who administer the functions of the business, like wages and furlough? Keep the event workers and catering staff?

Any evidence of that accusation?

i thought they had furloughed the management team ? and they don't have a business if they cant put on events

Edited by MuteWitness

2 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

i thought they had furloughed the management team ? and they don't have a business if they cant put on events

Lots of people don’t have a business at the moment. You might have noticed that there’s a bug going round.

Fair play to the Government, music and theatre are two of the things that enrich us greatly. I’m very pleased that they are being protected.

I’m also interested in your reasons for not supporting this move.

16 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Lots of people don’t have a business at the moment. You might have noticed that there’s a bug going round.

Fair play to the Government, music and theatre are two of the things that enrich us greatly. I’m very pleased that they are being protected.

I’m also interested in your reasons for not supporting this move.

when did i say i wasn't supporting it?

I said they made most of the staff redundant, they won't be getting furlough money.  So this scheme won't be helping the staff who will be only getting universal credit unless they have found other jobs which i feel is a little mean considering they will need these staff when they re open.

Good move, with the future of retail and office space looking as dodgy as it is the entertainment sector will be critical in keeping city-centres alive post-COVID.

The Leadmill also got £300k which will keep it going until the end of March.