People Who Don't Pick Up After Their Dogs

Right , I am a Colo-Rectal Staff Nurse , so I deal with poop regularly . But if there is one thing I loath, it's folk who don't poop scoop after their dog has parted with the contents of it's bowel . One morning , I was looking out of the window & saw a guy with his big ,massive dog . The bloke had those rubber stick things for throwing the ball & there they were enjoying themselves . Then , said Dog decided it needed a poo which it did , so I thought to myself , this will be interesting . Answer , No he did not get rid of the poop . I then had a thought , I wished I had one of those stick things because if I had , I thought of going down , getting some of the poop in where the ball goes , & sending it flying onto the top of the guys head .Why can't people just do the right thing & get rid of the stuff , it's not rocket science .  Proper winds me up . Anyway , I had this vision in my head of this guys head being covered . It's not the dogs fault it needs to go . So none poop scoopers need to stop being filthy & think of other folk . There you go 

Oh I hope I don't get in trouble with Medusa for talking about poo . Will say sorry now 

Edited by nikki-red

If I saw something similar, I'd have to say something ? Not that I'd advise everyone else to do so.

Yes I agree it's really disgusting. What winds me up is people who bag their dogs poo then hang it on trees or gates. Do they think the tree fairies come out at night and dispose of it?  Well they don't. It hangs there for months until the bag disintegrates then falls to the floor anyway. I like dogs by the way 😁

I agree Darkwitch, it's not nice, especially in pkaces where it might get trodden in.  Noticed a few deposits around the Upwood Rd area in Hillsbro lately.   

1 minute ago, Rollypolly said:

Yes I agree it's really disgusting. What winds me up is people who bag their dogs poo then hang it on trees or gates. Do they think the tree fairies come out at night and dispose of it?  Well they don't. It hangs there for months until the bag disintegrates then falls to the floor anyway. I like dogs by the way 😁

I have seen a picture of this . Lots of coloured bags hung on branches . I couldn't believe my eyes , the lazy sods 

Oh dear , my post disappeared then I thought , I bet there was already a post about this subject & I was right . Felt a bit like I was swirling around cyber space waiting to land then 

17 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

Now that I don't get. Responsible enough to take poo bags and pick it up but selfish enough to leave it on a tree branch.

10 minutes ago, Darkwitch14 said:

Oh dear , my post disappeared then I thought , I bet there was already a post about this subject & I was right . Felt a bit like I was swirling around cyber space waiting to land then 

I replied to you and then my post disappeared into the ether.

High time that the council were prosecuting people for this. 

Graves Park, Norton Lees end is one massive dog toilet.   We went to a football match last summer and you couldn't find a spot anywhere to sit on the grass without being on top of dog poo.  

Most people have got the message and do pick up after their dog but for those that still do this, the council must fine them. 

A regular offender near me, had someone return their dog's poo through their letterbox.  

Guest makapaka

Said it earlier in the thread - just have random periods of intense enforcement.

Fine people and if they re-offend take the dog off them.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Said it earlier in the thread - just have random periods of intense enforcement.

Fine people and if they re-offend take the dog off them.

Why not do that for all crime ?  There are serious offences being ignored and even supported by members of SF everyday.

Do dog owners who leave their dog's poo lying around never accidentally step in any themselves?

15 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Do dog owners who leave their dog's poo lying around never accidentally step in any themselves?

They must do.

As recently as last night I found myself dodging other dogs piles in a bid to get to and pick up my own.

Edit - (Thats my own dogs poo by the way, not my own poo :D)

Edited by nikki-red