People Who Don't Pick Up After Their Dogs

20 hours ago, Cyclone said:

How has someone else's dog left a load on your lawn?

Well around where I live, many of the terraced houses have low walls (which a dog can, and does, climb over) along the garden sides (or no divider at all). Some dog owners just let their dogs out to run wherever (and crap wherever) they want unfortunately....

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 15:00, Bald Eagle said:

Cuttting my overgrown lawn the other day and halfway down stepped onto some "hidden" dog crap. Stepping back in revulsion I stepped into an even bigger pile. Disgusting, I don't know why folk have dogs to be honest.

How do you know it was the dog and not the dog owner?  🙂

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:04, JamesR123 said:

Is it worse to put the poo in a plastic bag and thus contribute to ruining the planet?  

When I walk my dog I only pick up the poo if it is somewhere likely to be trodden in.

Otherwise I leave it.

Hooray for  you and your great attitude.  Let's hope no kid is playing in the pathway and gets diseases from it.

You are required to pick it up legally. It doesn't say, only pick it up if you think someone might step in it.

Are you somehow exempt from the law?

5 hours ago, bendix said:

Hooray for  you and your great attitude.  Let's hope no kid is playing in the pathway and gets diseases from it.

You are required to pick it up legally. It doesn't say, only pick it up if you think someone might step in it.

I am a maverick who doesn't play by the rules.  Get yourself a bit of imagination mate.

6 hours ago, bendix said:

Depends on where you are actually.  On public footpaths, pavements and parks, yes, you're required to pick it up, but in other locations, wild green areas, off the path, you're not required to.  I think the national trust endorses the stick and flick (into the greenery) approach.

2 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Depends on where you are actually.  On public footpaths, pavements and parks, yes, you're required to pick it up, but in other locations, wild green areas, off the path, you're not required to.  I think the national trust endorses the stick and flick (into the greenery) approach.

I can’t see much point in picking dog poo up in a wood that is already full of fox poo and badger poo. So if my dog runs off into the wood to poo, I leave it.

On a path, in a garden, anywhere that kids might play, I pick it up.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

I can’t see much point in picking dog poo up in a wood that is already full of fox poo and badger poo. So if my dog runs off into the wood to poo, I leave it.

When you were a kid, did you not play in the woods with your chums? If you had you might have noticed the purposefully-dug badger latrines.

9 hours ago, horribleblob said:

When you were a kid, did you not play in the woods with your chums? If you had you might have noticed the purposefully-dug badger latrines.

I get them on my allotment frequently.

The dirty buggers never flush

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

I get them on my allotment frequently.

The dirty buggers never flush

I once saw a cat on my garden dig a hole poo in it, then cover it up.

On 08/07/2019 at 21:05, JamesR123 said:

I am a maverick who doesn't play by the rules.  Get yourself a bit of imagination mate.

What?!  A maverick who thinks kids should stick to footpaths in woods?  😂

On 08/07/2019 at 21:35, Pettytom said:

Kids should be able to wonder off in woodland without stepping in dog crap.  Badgers and foxes are woodland animals - your dog isn't.  You wanted it, you pick up after it. 

Bracken looks like a grey and white greyhound but I think he is a cross. If his dog walker spent more time watching the dog , less time  on her phone , less time gossiping . she might pick up the dog's poop. When another owner informs you the dog  has crapped and told you where the dog has done so, you can't even be bothered to pick it up. Sadly a lovely park is becoming increasingly covered in dog turds because of people like you.

It’s not just about bagging the poo. Despite having several dog poo bins around my area we have bags left as x marks the spot or even hung on tree branches 

You'd be surprised how many owners let their dogs pee all over the two flower troughs I have outside my gate.

Or maybe you won't....