Social Services Help With Elderly Disabled Parents

Hello, I’m looking for advice/ideas, please. My poorly elderly and disabled parents - with very very limited mobility - are being visited by Social Services (so Dad tells me) to see if there are any things /services they need to make their lives easier.
However, we don’t know what they can offer!  Does anyone have any ideas? You know how older people “just manage” limping along, when there is in fact a better way they can live their lives. 

8 hours ago, Bluegirlblue said:

Hello, I’m looking for advice/ideas, please. My poorly elderly and disabled parents - with very very limited mobility - are being visited by Social Services (so Dad tells me) to see if there are any things /services they need to make their lives easier.
However, we don’t know what they can offer!  Does anyone have any ideas? You know how older people “just manage” limping along, when there is in fact a better way they can live their lives. 

Think they can do thigs like hand rails ramps etc 

Ring them

Ask them

If help is being offered don't turn it down.

As well as practical things like Spider 1 has said, they can also help with getting them to social gatherings, the library coming to them, help round the house, lots of things.

Ring adult social service and tell them yoou are interested in what they have to offer.

14 hours ago, jane2008 said:

Ring them

Ask them

If help is being offered don't turn it down.

As well as practical things like Spider 1 has said, they can also help with getting them to social gatherings, the library coming to them, help round the house, lots of things.

Ring adult social service and tell them yoou are interested in what they have to offer.

Do you have a telephone number for these  Thankx

The first number I have is the  general council number 2734567

The second is the first contact number 2734908

Hope this helps