Blades And Owls Banter

4 hours ago, Michael_W said:

You keep backing up my point though, I think you are bothered about the 'my dads bigger than yours stuff, it seems blatantly evident in your reply !

I posted fact too:

Quote = Re, the 'bigger' attendances /better support argument, comparably over the years in terms of numbers and more consistently ... there's only one winner ... Wednesday, home and away !

(I backed the home attendance averages up with links to the statistics)

And you keep posting your 30,000 jibe, which many Blades now throw into the banter about support, which typifies the fist rule of banter, when your on top you want to dish it out but when your not you don't, selective banter is easy, lot's of posters do it, but a lot of Blade posters noticeably disappeared off here when Wednesday got promoted back in 2012 and United were stuck in League One for a few more seasons, what your implying is that because your team is better at the moment we should only have banter about the here and now, it seems that just like the support at S2 your not bothered about it unless your top dog :wink:

Like I said in my earlier post, and my point is it has all been done to death over the years, posters do just come on with the 'my dads bigger than yours stuff', that's exactly what banter is .... at the moment neither side is getting any support and neither side is doing very well which in turn reduces the 'banter'.

Which in fact is the point the very first poster in the thread was making.

What I did say is more recently the attendence situation has levelled up, and don't come giving it the only support when top dog, your home crowd went up by about 12,000 more when the Blades played there compared to the home game before and you gave us a reduced amount of tickets, so by that 12,000 near enough owls only came to see the Blades.

Your the second best in this city now and like a typical owl wanteed to talk about the past instead, fact is you have never averaged 30.OOO since the Beatles were in their prime, before man landed on the moon and school dinners were a bob a week.....Despite your flirt in europe and premier years.

Sorry if my reply to your original little jibe as you put it doesn't agree with you but all I have posted is fact......

6 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

What I did say is more recently the attendance situation has levelled up, and don't come giving it the only support when top dog, your home crowd went up by about 12,000 more when the Blades played there compared to the home game before and you gave us a reduced amount of tickets, so by that 12,000 near enough owls only came to see the Blades.

Your the second best in this city now and like a typical owl wanted to talk about the past instead, fact is you have never averaged 30.OOO since the Beatles were in their prime, before man landed on the moon and school dinners were a bob a week.....Despite your flirt in Europe and premier years.

Sorry if my reply to your original little jibe as you put it doesn't agree with you but all I have posted is fact.

We've also never had a points deduction for breaking the rules your club is in a mess and no trip down memory lane will make it any better. Let's talk more recent history Wednesday have never gained promotion to the premier league, never won a league, even Barnsey have managed that.

Edited by Alextopman

On 16/11/2020 at 15:07, Alextopman said:

What I did say is more recently the attendence situation has levelled up, and don't come giving it the only support when top dog, your home crowd went up by about 12,000 more when the Blades played there compared to the home game before and you gave us a reduced amount of tickets, so by that 12,000 near enough owls only came to see the Blades.

Your the second best in this city now and like a typical owl wanteed to talk about the past instead, fact is you have never averaged 30.OOO since the Beatles were in their prime, before man landed on the moon and school dinners were a bob a week.....Despite your flirt in europe and premier years.

Sorry if my reply to your original little jibe as you put it doesn't agree with you but all I have posted is fact......

Brilliant, the definitive "my dads bigger than yours" response, your giving yourself away too easily lol

Your still not willing to acknowledge the historical fact that Wednesday statistically have been the better supported team since records began, but but are happy to emphasise the point that United have had 30, 000 averages 3 times since Wednesday last have, because it makes you feel better, it's OK I get it, no need to be mardy, it's only banter fella 🤣

Who knows maybe in twenty years time if we are still around (and there is no guarantee) but you might then be able to say that United are the most successful and best supported club this city has ever seen, not that it means that much in the wider context of football and success generally, so hey enjoy your moment !

Oh BTW Wednesday had 38,000 just to watch Wycombe back in 2012 by your logic, we also gave you a reduced amount of tickets because we can sell them to our own part time supporters, we have them too just like United :wink:

5 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Brilliant, the definitive "my dads bigger than yours" response, your giving yourself away too easily lol

Your still not willing to acknowledge the historical fact that Wednesday statistically have been the better supported team since records began, but but are happy to emphasise the point that United have had 30, 000 averages 3 times since Wednesday last have, because it makes you feel better, it's OK I get it, no need to be mardy, it's only banter fella 🤣

Who knows maybe in twenty years time if we are still around (and there is no guarantee) but you might then be able to say that United are the most successful and best supported club this city has ever seen, not that it means that much in the wider context of football and success generally, so hey enjoy your moment !

Oh BTW Wednesday had 38,000 just to watch Wycombe back in 2012 by your logic, we also gave you a reduced amount of tickets because we can sell them to our own part time supporters, we have them too just like United :wink:

Not getting mardy at all just stating facts and thanks I will enjoy my moment in the here and now it's much better than living in the past.

As for giving United reduced numbers how did that work out for them? by your logic why didn't they do the same with Leeds a few weeks after when they gave them nearly double they gave us?.

One thing you've got right is you could sell them yourself for a Blades game but obviously not for a Leeds game.

They only turn up to see the Blades.

I suppose that is part of history you prefer 2-4 get.

Only turn up to see the blades lol

Twenty years outside the top flight and Wednesday only twice dropped below the 20,000 average mark, in that same twenty years despite being in the Premier League twice, United averaged under 20,000 nine times, we won't even mention the previous twenty years because it's even worse and of course the banter is only valid if it's here and now, give me strength, dem 30,000 Blades !

1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

Only turn up to see the blades lol

Twenty years outside the top flight and Wednesday only twice dropped below the 20,000 average mark, in that same twenty years despite being in the Premier League twice, United averaged under 20,000 nine times, we won't even mention the previous twenty years because it's even worse and of course the banter is only valid if it's here and now, give me strength, dem 30,000 Blades !

And still not averaged 30,000 in a season since man landed on the moon and still never been promoted to the premier league. MASSIVE.

45 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I think I can remember a Gate of 3659 at some stage.

Be some cup game strange thing is when I was young they'd charge more for cup games they were special then.