Sign in to follow this  

Sites To Put A Static Caravan On In South Or West Yorks?

My relative is interested in moving in to a static caravan. I think these type of sites are called residential sites, as opposed to camp sites.

His intention is to live on the site. I have looked online but am struggling to find anything like this. I only found  sites that have what appears to be caravans on about 3 or 4 courses of house bricks.

He basically wants to buy a caravan a put it on  residential site. Does anyone know of sites that accommodate this sort of set up?

Might be worth having a look at this forum as some of the threads are similar to your query.

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=39

Basically it seems not many sites allow you to put your own caravan on site as they'd rather sell you the van themselves.

Think there may be sites at ollerton and between  Eckington on the Marsh lane rd. Think they are both residential sites.

Edited by nikki-red

I have been telling him that he has to find somewhere to put a caravan first.  I  don't think he is convinced. 

When reading that caravan forum, the situation is actually worse than even I suspected.  I will tell him to go back to the drawing board in respect of his desire for an alternative to bricks & mortar.  

Thank you for the links.

Edited by Janus

Living in a static van is a totally different experience to have 2wks holiday in one. They are cold in winter and stifling in summer. Your friend needs to be aware he will lose a shed load of money. In winter months its usual to whip through 2x47kg of Propane every two weeks if you have the central heating on. I say this from experience. I agree with you, bricks and mortar. Think very carefully.